Wikiposts

Provisional File

Old Dec 18th 2002, 3:15 am
Tee
Just Joined

Tee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Provisional File

I printed out the approval notice from the INS site. Anybody knows if this is good enough for the embassy to open a provisional file,or should I wait for the mailed I 797 NOA ?
Old Dec 18th 2002, 4:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Provisional File

Originally posted by Tee
I printed out the approval notice from the INS site. Anybody knows if this is good enough for the embassy to open a provisional file,or should I wait for the mailed I 797 NOA ?
Normally you don't need an I-797 approval notice to open a provisional file. But you would need to submit the original to the US Consulate, say in London, to set up the appointment date for the interview.

Be aware that not all US Consulates will open provisional files. Which US Consulate will you be using?

Rete
Old Dec 18th 2002, 5:04 am
Tee
Just Joined

Tee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Provisional File

Originally posted by Rete
Normally you don't need an I-797 approval notice to open a provisional file. But you would need to submit the original to the US Consulate, say in London, to set up the appointment date for the interview.

Be aware that not all US Consulates will open provisional files. Which US Consulate will you be using?

Rete
Hello Rete,
Thanks for your reply! We will use the Consulate in Budapest, Hungary. I already faxed them, I`ll post the results