Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Provisional Case number .. Help

Wikiposts

Provisional Case number .. Help

Old Nov 18th 2002, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Help is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to all
Default Provisional Case number .. Help

Can anybody point me in the correct direction as i am trying to open a provisional case file within London.
We have received I797 dating the 12 Oct. and had no feed back from the embassy. (i hope they have not lost it )
has anybody else had a approval around this time. if so have you had any correspondence ?

what is the email address for all correspondence to I797 issues as i cannot find it anywhere..
Old Nov 18th 2002, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Email them and ask the status. I know it takes about 3 weeks to open a provisional file and you have to actually ask them for the file number so yours is most likely already opened. The email addy is:

[email protected]

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Nov 19th 2002, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Provisional Case number .. Help

Originally posted by Help
Can anybody point me in the correct direction as i am trying to open a provisional case file within London.
We have received I797 dating the 12 Oct. and had no feed back from the embassy. (i hope they have not lost it )
has anybody else had a approval around this time. if so have you had any correspondence ?

what is the email address for all correspondence to I797 issues as i cannot find it anywhere..

I would think by now that they will have issued you with a case number.
Phone the hotline (peace of mind is worth 1.50 per minute !!!)
Old Nov 19th 2002, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't someone here point out that the Hotline is actually routed to Scotland and not the Embassy? Everyone always points out how efficient the London Embassy is responding to emails, but all I hear are horror stories about the Hot line.

Cheers,

Leslie