Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Protocol with Extention Letter

Wikiposts

Protocol with Extention Letter

Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:39 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Protocol with Extention Letter

Hi All

What's the protocol please on coming back into the US with 1 year extention letter, I-751, GC date expired Feb 07.

Do I have all my documents ready and at hand, or is the expired dated GC card and the extention letter enough, I don't want to be going all through my briefcase and would like all neccessary documents ready.

Thanks Poppy
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Protocol with Extention Letter

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Hi All

What's the protocol please on coming back into the US with 1 year extention letter, I-751, GC date expired Feb 07.

Do I have all my documents ready and at hand, or is the expired dated GC card and the extention letter enough, I don't want to be going all through my briefcase and would like all neccessary documents ready.

Thanks Poppy
Poppy,
All reports are that the expired card + the NOA are sufficient for reentry (plus your passport of ocurse).
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Just came back from Europe last Sunday into Boston with my expired GC and I-751 extension letter. No problems at all - stamped my UK passport ARC (as usual) and handed me all the documents back with a "Welcome back" statement. The Extension letter wasn't even stamped (as my Advanced parole used to be). So good luck - it'll be easy.
On the Vermont website looks like my 751 will be up around the end of this month - filed 28th September, dated 4th October 2006 (from Vermont), extension letter a couple of weeks later. They're processing 1st September now (at least on 2oth march when the last update was).
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:55 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Poppy,
All reports are that the expired card + the NOA are sufficient for reentry (plus your passport of ocurse).
Thanks to both of you I did not want to stand there like an idiot looking for god knows what lol.

Meauxna lmao I hope it is not a curse quote (plus your passport of ocurse)
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Thanks to both of you I did not want to stand there like an idiot looking for god knows what lol.

Meauxna lmao I hope it is not a curse quote (plus your passport of ocurse)
lol, that's the Irish/Hillbilly version, o'curse.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Poppy,
Flew in on the 17th O'Hare was packed to the roof.
The POE Officer did not even ask me for the extention letter which I had in my hand for him, it was a quick stamp welcome back over and done with

But I might add it took 2 hours to get the luggage from the plane to the carousel