Proof of relationship.. enough?

Wikiposts

Proof of relationship.. enough?

Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

hyd-pdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of relationship.. enough?

Hi everyone --

I'm an American living in India, married to an Indian for 15 months. I filed an I-130 petition in April which was approved before the end of April. Then we hit a snag, regarding financial sponsorship (I'm a housewife here in India, so don't make any money) which is overcome as my father is now co-sponsoring my husband..

So, yeah.. it took a long time. I just received all necessary documents from my father so we're almost ready to submit everything to the Consulate, via VFS.

As proof of relationship we have:

VERY few pictures, unfortunately we don't take pictures
Ration card (an Indian thing) with my husband and my picture together, plus my name stated as "WIFE"
Joint credit card statements
Insurance papers.. medical insurance in India for me, and life insurance..
Also, an ultrasound report stating I am pregnant..

That's all I can think of right now.. is it enough?? It honestly doesn't seem like a lot.. we've been married for more than a year.. do I need to submit emails, etc that we exchanged before marriage? I have a few..

I am worried they will deny him a visa because we don't have letters, lots of pictures, etc.

We want to send everything as soon as possible and really have no idea what we're doing.

Also, how soon will they give an interview date? We'll be going to the US Consulate in Chennai, India.

My baby is due in late Dec and I really want my husband to come to the US with me in March!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 2:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of relationship.. enough?

Originally Posted by hyd-pdx
My baby is due in late Dec and I really want my husband to come to the US with me in March!
Your baby is due in late December 2007? Do you want your husband to come with you to the USA in March 2008? Just clarifying your dates.

Your evidence sounds like enough to me. Hopefully the ConOff agrees.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

hyd-pdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of relationship.. enough?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your baby is due in late December 2007? Do you want your husband to come with you to the USA in March 2008? Just clarifying your dates.

Your evidence sounds like enough to me. Hopefully the ConOff agrees.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks for replying, yes, our baby is due in Dec/Jan and my Indian visa expires on March 22, I'm hoping my husband will have his visa before then, so we can travel to the US together..