Wikiposts

Proof of Meeting

Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of Meeting

Originally posted by snake
"So Mack and I have finally met in person."

You are marrying a person you just have met in person just one time? This always blows me away.
Why does this blow you away?? And if it does, what do you say of others who meet their mate for the 1st time, and get married within the 1st week of meeting, then file K3?? that probably blows you away even further eh!

I believe they have been " dating"online for about 2yrs so they do have some history. this is how it went with me & my now hubby as I'm sure with others who met online.

any takers???
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

snake is an unknown quantity at this point

I know for everyone it is different, but I would spend some time getting to know someone in person before I got married. Being face to face with someone is quite different from the internet or talking on the phone. What's the hurry? Especially if the person lives right to the North and can easily come visit.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I know for everyone it is different, but I would spend some time getting to know someone in person before I got married. Being face to face with someone is quite different from the internet or talking on the phone. What's the hurry? Especially if the person lives right to the North and can easily come visit.
Just curious as to how much time you think is "some time". A week? A month? A year? Although I had been in touch with my fiance on an almost daily basis by phone for a good 3 years before we got married, I had only seen him in person for the equivalent of about 5 weeks during that time.

Rene
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Mack:
Actually, it's not as easy as it may seem. Financially, it's draining. It's hard to get a couple weeks off work often, and my 10 month old wouldn't particularly like a 26 hour bus trip as often as I would.

If you wanna rave intellectual on the subject, technically, you can only 'meet' someone in person once. It's not a meeting after that. Otherwise, I would be 'meeting' her everyday when she gets off work. So, by your definition, I've met her plenty of times in person.

Thank you for your concern, but I'm very confident that I'm doing the right thing with my life.

EDIT: the irony of spelling the word 'intellectual' wrong is astounding.

Last edited by JessInUSA; Jun 18th 2004 at 8:17 am.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JessInUSA
So Mack and I have finally met in person. He arrived here last Monday ... we will be submitting the I-129F pretty soon, and I'm just curious, what all did you use to establish that you had met? Besides the obvious - photos, bus tickets, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to include.
My American fiancee met me for a week in NZ six months before I moved to America on a K-1 visa. Our main proof for having met, apart from airline tickets, was a signed declaration that we had met that we made in the presence of a local Justice of the Peace. We didn't even submit any photos.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:47 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Have you ever been in love, Snake? My answer a la Celine Dion. I think Mack will agree

Have you ever been in love
You could touch the moonlight
When your heart’s shooting stars
You’re holding heaven in your arms
Have you ever been so in love

Have you ever walked on air
Ever felt like you were dreamin’
When you never thought it could
But it really feels that good

When your heart’s shooting star
Have you ever been in love, have you...

The time I spent
Waiting for something that was heaven-sent
When you find it don’t let go,
I know

Have you ever said a prayer
And found that it was answered
All my hope has been restored
And I ain’t looking anymore
Have you ever been so in love, have you...

Some place that you ain’t leavin’
Somewhere you’re gonna stay
When you finally found the meanin’
Have you ever felt this way

The time I spent
When you find it, don’t let go,
I know...

Coz have you ever been so in love, so in love
You can even reach the stars
Doesn’t matter near or far

So in... love...

Last edited by Ranjini; Jun 18th 2004 at 8:49 am.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ranjini
Have you ever been in love, Snake? My answer a la Celine Dion. I think Mack will agree

When your heart’s shooting stars

Have you ever walked on air
Ever felt like you were dreamin’
When you never thought it could
But it really feels that good

When your heart’s shooting star
Have you ever been in love, have you...

The time I spent
When you find it don’t let go,
I know

Have you ever said a prayer
And found that it was answered
All my hope has been restored
And I ain’t looking anymore
Have you ever been so in love, have you...

Some place that you ain’t leavin’
Somewhere you’re gonna stay
When you finally found the meanin’
Have you ever felt this way

The time I spent
When you find it, don’t let go,
I know...

Coz have you ever been so in love, so in love
You can even reach the stars
Doesn’t matter near or far

So in... love...

I second that emotion!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Mack:
Never has Celin Dion captured my emotions so well. Then again, I never gave her the chance. Well done.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Hey, I am the pot calling the kettle black. I got married only 8 months after meeting my wife. We have been married 4 and a half years now.

However, I spent most of those eight months with her, though, got to know her family, etc. I still think that marriage is a big step, and one people sometimes take a little too lightly (maybe I rushed in to, luckily things have worked out well). Telephone calls and internet chats are great, but I don't think you can really know someone unless you spend time with them in person, and see them interact with friends and family.

I am not critisizing anyone's actions -- it just personally amazes me that someone would choose to marry after just meeting in person once.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:34 am
Banned

Hey, I am the pot calling the kettle black. I got married only 8 months after meeting my wife. We have been married 4 and a half years now.

However, I spent most of those eight months with her, though, got to know her family, etc. I still think that marriage is a big step, and one people sometimes take a little too lightly (maybe I rushed in to, luckily things have worked out well). Telephone calls and internet chats are great, but I don't think you can really know someone unless you spend time with them in person, and see them interact with friends and family.

I am not critisizing anyone's actions -- it just personally amazes me that someone would choose to marry after just meeting in person once.
There are no guarantees in life, snake. Which ever way you choose to do it. You haven't answered my question "have you ever been in love"? Am I take that as a no?
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Of course I am in love with my wife.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:14 pm
Banned

Of course I am in love with my wife.
I'm happy to hear you say that That's all that really matters after 4 1/2 years. You say "luckily it worked out". It's a lot more than luck, snake. You make it work because you love each other. It's the same for you and the same for the rest of us, IMHO.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

"So Mack and I have finally met in person."

You are marrying a person you just have met in person just one time? This always blows me away.
I quite agree...After meeting my now wife I insisted on a minimum 5 year engagement....stretched it to 6 years.... with some added test she had to pass... seems to me women always want the express service..
Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:05 pm
Banned

Originally posted by ray6
I quite agree...After meeting my now wife I insisted on a minimum 5 year engagement....stretched it to 6 years.... with some added test she had to pass... seems to me women always want the express service..
Tell him, Mack....
Old Jun 19th 2004, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

You have not answered the question as asked by another poster. How much time, is enough time? I spent a total of 20days in the past 3yrs with my then fiancee - that's not counting the 6weeks after his arrival to the USA b4 we actually wed. During that time (and I do agree with you here) I have seen him interact in several settings i.e. friends, family, chuch members, strangers etc. But the decision to marry was made long before we ever met (don't ask how we knew we just did)

So the concern of spending time with someone remains a concern or unanswered question. Truth be told, you can never ever really know a person no matter how much time you spend w/them until you actually live under the same roof w/them day in and day out. And even that leaves room for speculation. I know of a couple, who dated for 10years in fact lived together for 10yrs when they finally decided to make it legal.

Their marriage lasted all of 3months - hence thier 10yr friendship lasted even longer. So - snake - what say you of that matter I wonder. Do the chances increase the longer you spent time together or what is it that really makes the difference in a long & wondrful life together vs a long & miserable one???

next...................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.