Proof of Meeting

Old Jun 20th 2004, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of Meeting

Originally posted by nkem4ever
You have not answered the question as asked by another poster. How much time, is enough time? I spent a total of 20days in the past 3yrs with my then fiancee - that's not counting the 6weeks after his arrival to the USA b4 we actually wed. During that time (and I do agree with you here) I have seen him interact in several settings i.e. friends, family, chuch members, strangers etc. But the decision to marry was made long before we ever met (don't ask how we knew we just did)

So the concern of spending time with someone remains a concern or unanswered question. Truth be told, you can never ever really know a person no matter how much time you spend w/them until you actually live under the same roof w/them day in and day out. And even that leaves room for speculation. I know of a couple, who dated for 10years in fact lived together for 10yrs when they finally decided to make it legal.

Their marriage lasted all of 3months - hence thier 10yr friendship lasted even longer. So - snake - what say you of that matter I wonder. Do the chances increase the longer you spent time together or what is it that really makes the difference in a long & wondrful life together vs a long & miserable one???

next...................
Very much agreed. The length of time together before marriage isnt what "promises" a long and lasting one. It's the quality of the love between two people, not the time time spent. Mack and I may have only physically known each other for 2 weeks, but in mind, for just over 2 years. There could be another couple who, as stated above, have known eachother for 20 yrs, but never really KNOW eachother. Then again, two other people could know eachother for an hour and have a long and lasting relationship. I dont think you can judge from one to another. perhaps, you would like to come to our wedding and meet us, then give a fair judgement?

-Jess
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JessInUSA
Very much agreed. The length of time together before marriage isnt what "promises" a long and lasting one. It's the quality of the love between two people, not the time time spent. Mack and I may have only physically known each other for 2 weeks, but in mind, for just over 2 years. There could be another couple who, as stated above, have known eachother for 20 yrs, but never really KNOW eachother. Then again, two other people could know eachother for an hour and have a long and lasting relationship. I dont think you can judge from one to another. perhaps, you would like to come to our wedding and meet us, then give a fair judgement?

-Jess

Another case in point (can you tell I'm having fun w/this??). I know personally of a young couple, met during an annual week of youth camp many years ago. They met each other for the 1st time that week and exchanged numbers before the week ended. The young lady did not hear from the genltman until almost 2mths later. From then on he began to send letters, cards, and call her on a regular basis (email was not on the scene yet). And they lived on either end of the globe (east coast/west coast)Anyway about a year 1/2 later he proposed to her and they married.
At the alter was the 2nd time they saw each other since that weeklong outting. Their courtship was strictly via mail & phone calls. Today they have 3daughters and been happily married a little over 20yrs.

How's that for 'first meetings'

boooya!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Another case in point (can you tell I'm having fun w/this??). I know personally of a young couple, met during an annual week of youth camp many years ago. They met each other for the 1st time that week and exchanged numbers before the week ended. The young lady did not hear from the genltman until almost 2mths later. From then on he began to send letters, cards, and call her on a regular basis (email was not on the scene yet). And they lived on either end of the globe (east coast/west coast)Anyway about a year 1/2 later he proposed to her and they married.
At the alter was the 2nd time they saw each other since that weeklong outting. Their courtship was strictly via mail & phone calls. Today they have 3daughters and been happily married a little over 20yrs.

How's that for 'first meetings'

boooya!
nice
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Guess what snake? we're "meeting" again in 10 days. how about that!

Last edited by JessInUSA; Jun 23rd 2004 at 12:11 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:01 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!! I bet you can't wait!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:04 am
Just Joined

mcface is an unknown quantity at this point

haha. very nice, dear. xoxo

and it's true. I really can't wait.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:11 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
I quite agree...After meeting my now wife I insisted on a minimum 5 year engagement....stretched it to 6 years.... with some added test she had to pass... seems to me women always want the express service..
Drive thru service!! lol.
I am not a women then..
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Awesome!! I bet you can't wait!!!
we had origincally planned the next visit to be about a month away, due to insufficient funds, upcoming events we both have to attend, etc. but we literally coundn't wait, so he's coming back on July 2nd. (and looking for under the table work)

Last edited by JessInUSA; Jun 23rd 2004 at 12:10 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Drive thru service!! lol.
I am not a women then..
what happened to your wonderful signature?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:08 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by snake
"So Mack and I have finally met in person."

You are marrying a person you just have met in person just one time? This always blows me away.
I only met Corey once before we got married. And we only spent a weekend together as we weren't able to take any more time off work. We're still very happily married after a year and 3 months.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

we had origincally planned the next visit to be about a month away, due to insufficient funds, upcoming events we both have to attend, etc. but we literally coundn't wait, so he's coming back on July 2nd. (and looking for under the table work)

Glad to hear you'll be reuniting real soon. Don't let the anxiety get the best of you. You say he's looking for work, how long will he be visiting this go around? is he planning to leave his current employ? just curious.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

mcface is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you'll be reuniting real soon. Don't let the anxiety get the best of you. You say he's looking for work, how long will he be visiting this go around? is he planning to leave his current employ? just curious.
Yeah, it's going to be great to see her again.

This visit is going to be a little less than a month. I have to leave around the 29th -30th of July for my grandparents' 50th anniversary is the 31st, and my son's first birthday is on the 12th of August. If the job search is successful, I'll be heading back down to PA, (or what I like to call home ), shortly afterwards. As of right now, I'm not employed, which makes these visits alot easier. I have a few potential job offers in case my job search in PA isn't successful.