Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Proof of home ownership

Proof of home ownership

Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

palgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nice
Default Proof of home ownership

Hello all,

for the I-864 I need to show proof of ownership. There are no mortgages or liens on the house.

Is a copy of the warranty deed plus copy of my property taxes enough to show I own the house? If not, what other documentation do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

John
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of home ownership

Originally Posted by palgia
Hello all,

for the I-864 I need to show proof of ownership. There are no mortgages or liens on the house.

Is a copy of the warranty deed plus copy of my property taxes enough to show I own the house? If not, what other documentation do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

John
Are you using your house asset because you don't earn enough income? If you earn enough income, you don't need to show assets.

I would say the deed and property taxes would be good. Also, something showing mortgage paid in full might be good, to show it's owned free and clear.

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2006, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of home ownership

Originally Posted by palgia
Hello all,

Thanks in advance.

John
i used my insurance company. They wrote a letter stating its worth by how much it was insured for and that there were no leins on it. Many times the cost given by the insurance company is higher than the property tax numbers.
There is no charge for this letter.