Reload this Page >

Progress with I-751 and Nebraska

Progress with I-751 and Nebraska

Old Jan 21st 2006, 3:38 pm
Tintinnabulary

Default Progress with I-751 and Nebraska

A follow-up to my earlier post on how to mail I-751 and what to
enclose. Here's our timeline so far - this may be of interest to those
who are interested in what's going on with Nebraska these days.

My husband and I filed to remove my conditional status in the beginning
of this month. I mailed the package by registered mail on Monday,
January 9th, to Lincoln, the Nebraska Service Center. The package was
delivered on January 12th according to the electronic delivery
confirmation. The notice of action arrived today, Jan 21st, together
with the return receipt for our package (!). Fairly speedy if you ask
me. The NOA says my green card is extended for one year and processing
the form takes a minimum of 6 months. I may contact them if I haven't
heard from them within 8 months. Didn't that use to be 12 months or am
I thinking of some other form? Anyway, I'm happy with the progress so
far. Here's to hoping the evidence we enclosed is sufficient for them.

Leena

Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:38 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Progress with I-751 and Nebraska

Leena,
I Sent my I-751 in November, and after a week or so I got my NOA.
On the 10th of January I got "Request for Material" letter saying that I request for the removal of conditions has been approved. Now I just need to send my GC back to them and then I should receive a new one soon.
Today I went to my local immigration office to get my passport stamped, since I won't have the GC to travel with. Since I sent out pictures with my I-751 form, they said that the pics were acceptable and I don't need to send new ones.
So Leena, hopefully you'll hear from them as soon as I did.

Good luck!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Hi.... Congrats! I also got NOA so soon from NSC. I sent my package on 3rd Jan and received my NOA dated for 6th Jan. As of today, NSC is working on the cases filed before 09/22/05.
So you filed in November and received approval on 10th Jan. Seems like yours is really fast. Two months I should I say.
Anyway...I know you sent two pictures with your application. Did you have to go to local office for fingerprinting? Or they are going to send you greencard in the mail without fingerprinting?
Please respond to this mail. Your answer will help lot of people.

Originally Posted by ania
Leena,
I Sent my I-751 in November, and after a week or so I got my NOA.
On the 10th of January I got "Request for Material" letter saying that I request for the removal of conditions has been approved. Now I just need to send my GC back to them and then I should receive a new one soon.
Today I went to my local immigration office to get my passport stamped, since I won't have the GC to travel with. Since I sent out pictures with my I-751 form, they said that the pics were acceptable and I don't need to send new ones.
So Leena, hopefully you'll hear from them as soon as I did.

Good luck!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent (or I should resent) our I-751 package to Nebraska around the end of November (with photos). We got the request for the original green card (expired) a few weeks later and sent it in promptly. Yesterday a new 10 year green card arrived. So less than 2 months, and we didn't have to lift a finger beyond sending the original package.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future

this really so confusing .some people mentioned that the finger print has been taked in their local office and some people got it on the mail without a finger print . They should have a formal process . I am really confused
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ramNagab
this really so confusing .some people mentioned that the finger print has been taked in their local office and some people got it on the mail without a finger print . They should have a formal process . I am really confused
The fingerprint is on it. Since it's digital, so they just used the fingerprint from the last time.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:04 pm
Polish Jelly

In the letter there was nothing about fingerprints. So I should get the card without going back to have them taken. I agree with Carl, the fingerprints were done digitally last time, so they should have them for this new card, too.

Carl, how long did you wait for the new green card after you sent in your old one?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ania
In the letter there was nothing about fingerprints. So I should get the card without going back to have them taken. I agree with Carl, the fingerprints were done digitally last time, so they should have them for this new card, too.

Carl, how long did you wait for the new green card after you sent in your old one?
Maybe a month. It wasn't very long. We were actually very surprised to see the new card in the mail.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future

As I know the finger print expire after a year or so .

NSC the only service follow this procedure . still confusing
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:19 pm
Polish Jelly

Originally Posted by ramNagab
As I know the finger print expire after a year or so .

NSC the only service follow this procedure . still confusing

Why would fingerprints expire? Fingerprints never change. Did you have them done in a digital way? - I'm talking about the one for the GC.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

yes , digitally
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:23 pm
Polish Jelly

hmm... I don't know then why some don't need to get them taken again, when some do. I guess everyone just has to follow the instructions from the USCIS.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Hi Carl
Sorry I am asking this question again just to get clear idea of what is going on with NSC RFE letter asking us to send out original green card. We got just one page yellow letter asking us to submit original green card. There was no envelope with tracking number. Ania confirmed that they got self-addressed envelope with tracking number so that it can go to our correct file. Did you get that envelope? Why didn’t I get one? I am little bit worried and confused!
Please help by answering.

Originally Posted by Carl
Maybe a month. It wasn't very long. We were actually very surprised to see the new card in the mail.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

needHelp

Could you please tell us How long did they give you time to send your original green card ?

Thanks