Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Progress on a Fiancee Visa

Wikiposts

Progress on a Fiancee Visa

Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:59 pm
Gitano

Default Progress on a Fiancee Visa

This is my second try to be a polite member of this group. I first submitted a few questions a few months back and immediatly got into a few philosophical argumets. I would say sorry for the way I am, but I am not.

I bitched a bit about the changes to the I-129-F and how they affected the timing of my application for a fiancee Visa. My file date was submitted on July 9th, and I submitted the old I-129-F. This was the best info I had at the time.

I was a bit pissed to learn that the form had changed retractive to March 10th or so. On September 25th I receieved a request for updated info that included the new I-129-F questions. I still believe that these are preety much CYA crap by the government and largely translate to "when did you stop beeting your wife" type questions. Interestingly enough the UCIS site still ssays they are processing March 20th.

Anyway, I turned the update for info around in one hour and send it back. Anyone have a prediction as to when the processing will move to Manila for my ladie's interview. We are pretty clean and I have more than enough financial responsibility to cover the requirements. Just trying to plan the when and where.

Listening to the Jefferson Airplane album "Volunteers" while I type this.

Later,
Gitano

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com

Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:07 pm
Verna via ImmigrationKB.com

Default Re: Progress on a Fiancee Visa

I submitted mine on 8th May. About 8 weeks ago my partner was asked to sign
and submit a form (cant remember what it was but I am blonde Lol).

We were approved by the NCIS 15th September. So you may have another 2
months or more to wait. Depending on your case.

Hope this gives you some time frame

Gitano wrote:
    >This is my second try to be a polite member of this group. I first submitted a few questions a few months back and immediatly got into a few philosophical argumets. I would say sorry for the way I am, but I am not.
    >I bitched a bit about the changes to the I-129-F and how they affected the timing of my application for a fiancee Visa. My file date was submitted on July 9th, and I submitted the old I-129-F. This was the best info I had at the time.
    >I was a bit pissed to learn that the form had changed retractive to March 10th or so. On September 25th I receieved a request for updated info that included the new I-129-F questions. I still believe that these are preety much CYA crap by the government and largely translate to "when did you stop beeting your wife" type questions. Interestingly enough the UCIS site still ssays they are processing March 20th.
    >Anyway, I turned the update for info around in one hour and send it back. Anyone have a prediction as to when the processing will move to Manila for my ladie's interview. We are pretty clean and I have more than enough financial responsibility to cover the requirements. Just trying to plan the when and where.
    >Listening to the Jefferson Airplane album "Volunteers" while I type this.
    >Later,
    >Gitano

--
Message posted via http://www.immigrationkb.com

Old Sep 30th 2006, 4:01 am
Amberlanes

Hope this gives you a better estimate. My original receipt date at the TX
center was March 16 and then was sent to CA and given a receipt date of March
24. I also had to do the 129 supplement on May 25th. USCIS approved it
July 24 and it went on to NVC in NH. NVC received it August 2 and forwarded
it to Manila. Last week Manila finally schedule her appointment for medical
on Nov 6 and interview Nov 13. (These are Mondays, contrary to the embassy
website that says they are only on Fridays) Good luck. Dan in Texas

Gitano wrote:
    >This is my second try to be a polite member of this group. I first submitted a few questions a few months back and immediatly got into a few philosophical argumets. I would say sorry for the way I am, but I am not.
    >I bitched a bit about the changes to the I-129-F and how they affected the timing of my application for a fiancee Visa. My file date was submitted on July 9th, and I submitted the old I-129-F. This was the best info I had at the time.
    >I was a bit pissed to learn that the form had changed retractive to March 10th or so. On September 25th I receieved a request for updated info that included the new I-129-F questions. I still believe that these are preety much CYA crap by the government and largely translate to "when did you stop beeting your wife" type questions. Interestingly enough the UCIS site still ssays they are processing March 20th.
    >Anyway, I turned the update for info around in one hour and send it back. Anyone have a prediction as to when the processing will move to Manila for my ladie's interview. We are pretty clean and I have more than enough financial responsibility to cover the requirements. Just trying to plan the when and where.
    >Listening to the Jefferson Airplane album "Volunteers" while I type this.
    >Later,
    >Gitano

Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gitano
I still believe that these are preety much CYA crap by the government and largely translate to "when did you stop beeting your wife" type questions.
I believe assault with a vegetable is still considered criminal in some states.

Ian
Old Sep 30th 2006, 11:35 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gitano
I bitched a bit about the changes to the I-129-F and how they affected the timing of my application for a fiancee Visa. My file date was submitted on July 9th, and I submitted the old I-129-F. This was the best info I had at the time. I was a bit pissed to learn that the form had changed retractive to March 10th or so.
I didn't see or read your other thread, but I'm just wondering where you got your I-129F form from initially. Did you download it from the USCIS website? Did you order the form to be mailed to you by USCIS? In either case, when did you download/order the I-129F form?

~ Jenney
Old Sep 30th 2006, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I believe assault with a vegetable is still considered criminal in some states.

Ian

LOL.