Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Processing times changed again!

Processing times changed again!

Old Jun 1st 2018, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Processing times changed again!

When I first submitted my I-824 form at the NBC the "Estimated processing time" was 3 to 6 months, then when the new website / portal had been released the new time was 7.5 to 9.5 months and yesterday they were looking at cases from August 25th 2017 and I have checked this morning and it now says 9.5 to 12 months and looking at cases from June 2017!!!

What is going on!!???
Old Jun 1st 2018, 11:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing times changed again!

USCIS is slowing down across the board.

Rene
Old Jun 1st 2018, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

I know Rene, it's just so frustrating and there's nobody to talk to and no one seems to care.

I have signed a permission form and sent it to my congressman, all I need is someone to put my approved I-130 in an envelope and send it to the NVC, I really can't understand why it takes so long?
Old Jun 1st 2018, 1:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is taking so long because it is languishing on someone's desk and gathering dust. I can only imagine the anger and frustration you are having about all of this. I'm hoping this congressperson can be of assistance.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
It is taking so long because it is languishing on someone's desk and gathering dust. I can only imagine the anger and frustration you are having about all of this. I'm hoping this congressperson can be of assistance.
I hope so Rete, but I'm concerned that it's still what they consider to be within a normal time frame even though the original info was 3 to 6 months.

Helpless is the word, I feel like we are being punished although we have seen each other every 3 months either meeting in Mexico or her coming to the UK, being apart from my wife for 16 months is taking it's toll financially, mentally and emotionally
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
USCIS is slowing down across the board.

Rene
They are speeding up now for Visa applications. i-130 for spouse back in April was processing May 2017 and now they are up to August 07th 2017. They jumped a month in 3 days last week from July to August.
My application was received on December 01st so not long now at the rate they are going

Last edited by stu_blue; Jun 3rd 2018 at 6:10 am.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 1:53 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing you can do mate unfortunately.

I've not heard a single word since May last year on mine, except that 'they're scheduling my interview' since August last year - i can't send an enquiry for another 18 months because the time frame for my specific office is between 14.5 - 31.5 months. your congress rep will get knocked back if they file anything that's not outside the processing times listed.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jack8602
Nothing you can do mate unfortunately.

I've not heard a single word since May last year on mine, except that 'they're scheduling my interview' since August last year - i can't send an enquiry for another 18 months because the time frame for my specific office is between 14.5 - 31.5 months. your congress rep will get knocked back if they file anything that's not outside the processing times listed.
I know mate, all this waiting and being apart from my wife, just to put an already approved I-130 in an envelope and send it to the NVC is nonsense.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 6:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Former BE commentator Ian-mstm [self-described "sanctimonious prick"] often opined that following processing times was the "path to madness."

OP has caught onto the fact that his case is within the "normal processing time" so no inquiry can be made. It has been noted that the main purpose of the posted processing times is to keep the applicants from inquiring.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Former BE commentator Ian-mstm [self-described "sanctimonious prick"] often opined that following processing times was the "path to madness."

OP has caught onto the fact that his case is within the "normal processing time" so no inquiry can be made. It has been noted that the main purpose of the posted processing times is to keep the applicants from inquiring.
Thanks for your valuable input