Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Processing Dates...to file or not to file K-3?

Wikiposts

Processing Dates...to file or not to file K-3?

Old Mar 12th 2005, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

StarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant future
Default Processing Dates...to file or not to file K-3?

Hi everyone,

According to the USCIS website, the California Service Center is processing I-130s filed on or before February 1st! Can this be possible? How long does it then take for them to notify the petioner?

And it says they are processing 129Fs from January 1st.

Should I apply for a K-3 for my husband or is not worth it given those time scales? I'm not quite familiar with how long the whole K-3 process takes. Once approved, is it much quicker than the I-130?

One last question...our I-130 was sent from London to California in February. They sent it to my parent's in the US saying it needed the appropriate fee (as we were applying through London we used their credit card form which isnt accepted at US Service Centers). They sent a Reciept notice with a case number, however, even though they hadn't filed it.

I didn't get the money to them until the first week of March, after which they resent it to California. There was a piece of paper saying if they attach that paper on top, explaining about why it was resent, it would speed up the time.
Does this mean they are processing our case from when they originally recieved it from London early February without payment, or is our case number not valid and will they send us a new one from this month when they actually recieved the payment? I ask because of the piece of paper they said to attach.

Sorry if that is complicated. Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice
Default Re: Processing Dates...to file or not to file K-3?

Originally Posted by StarlaLorien
Hi everyone,

According to the USCIS website, the California Service Center is processing I-130s filed on or before February 1st! Can this be possible? How long does it then take for them to notify the petioner?

Should I apply for a K-3 for my husband or is not worth it given those time scales? I'm not quite familiar with how long the whole K-3 process takes. Once approved, is it much quicker than the I-130?

One last question...our I-130 was sent from London to California in February. They sent it to my parent's in the US saying it needed the appropriate fee (as we were applying through London we used their credit card form which isnt accepted at US Service Centers). They sent a Reciept notice with a case number, however, even though they hadn't filed it.

I didn't get the money to them until the first week of March, after which they resent it to California. There was a piece of paper saying if they attach that paper on top, explaining about why it was resent, it would speed up the time.
Does this mean they are processing our case from when they originally recieved it from London early February without payment, or is our case number not valid and will they send us a new one from this month when they actually recieved the payment? I ask because of the piece of paper they said to attach.

Star

Sorry i cant offer you any advise, i just wanted to wish you Good Luck for a speedy process. At least you now know where your petition is.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,

I am not certain if I am telling you the right thing since I am also new to this, however..
California is currently processing Feb. 1 (I-130) forms that they received directly from filers.
Transfers usually take 2 additional months to process (at least that is what they told me when my I-130 was transferred from Texas to California). It was exactly 2 months when they processed me after my application was transferred.

I sent the I-129F to the NVC not California - on 8/12/04 and am still waiting for it to be processed. I think California only processes I-129F for UNMARRIED couples.

My I-130 is being processed faster than the I-129F.. in fact I am very close to the end of this process now.. as my timeline below shows.

I cannot answer the rest of your questions. AND AGAIN.. I do not know if these same rules apply for applications TRANSFERED from outside the USA.

RETE or one of the more knowledgeable people here can confirm or disprove my comments or advise you better.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:22 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Hi:

I-129F's at CSC are for K-1's only. For K-3, look at the NBC/MSC timeline.

You've got nothing to lose in doing the K-3 other than a filing fee.