Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

The Process has Started... CR1 via London DCF

The Process has Started... CR1 via London DCF

Old Jul 15th 2018, 3:22 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Process has Started... CR1 via London DCF

Originally Posted by Rete
If your wife has lived in the UK her entire life, is it safe to assume her parents are living there as well? If so, they cannot be your financial sponsor. They need to be resident in the US to be a joint sponsor. Your wife is the primary sponsor and anyone else who offers to take on the burden of being your financial sponsor needs to be either a USC or a permanent resident in the US and be residing there.

Perhaps you have assets that can be used on the I-864 so that a joint sponsor isn't required?

Also if she has lived her entire life in the UK, is she also a British citizen?
a quick glance through his 11 posts reveals that the father-in-law is a USC and lives in Dallas, TX with the British mother-in-law (presumably an LPR).
Old Jul 16th 2018, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927

a quick glance through his 11 posts reveals that the father-in-law is a USC and lives in Dallas, TX with the British mother-in-law (presumably an LPR).
10 points. all correct.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

samills610 is an unknown quantity at this point

My German police certificate did not have to notarized (neither did the translation). The translation just had to carry the statement that the translation was true and accurate and that the translator was competent..
OK perfect thank you - that would save a few ££ and a step in the process which is always appreciated. Will look in to more detail to understand why I thought it would need to be.

Received email notification over the weekend to say we are now in the system, official filing date 12th July. Unfortunately the processing times have started getting longer as I have been watching over the past couple of weeks... am hoping this is not a trend!
Old Jul 19th 2018, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

A couple of additional questions

I-130 Fee
Does anybody know when the payment is taken following the notice of receipt of petition? I was expecting this to come out now but nothing on my cc yet.

US Tax Returns
I haven't seen them yet myself, but my wife has mentioned that her tax returns are approx 300 pages each. Does this sound like what we would need to submit in the I-864? Is there a summary sheet that would be used during the process instead perhaps?

Last edited by samills610; Jul 19th 2018 at 1:50 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

The received my I-130 on the Thursday 17th may (via tracked delivery) and took payment the following Monday 21st May followed by an email notification the same day
Old Jul 20th 2018, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samills610
A couple of additional questions

I-130 Fee
Does anybody know when the payment is taken following the notice of receipt of petition? I was expecting this to come out now but nothing on my cc yet.

US Tax Returns
I haven't seen them yet myself, but my wife has mentioned that her tax returns are approx 300 pages each. Does this sound like what we would need to submit in the I-864? Is there a summary sheet that would be used during the process instead perhaps?
Google IRS tax transcripts.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

My German police certificate did not have to notarized (neither did the translation). The translation just had to carry the statement that the translation was true and accurate and that the translator was competent..
Can I ask how long it took to receive your German police certificate please? And if this was some time, were you given any form of receipt or notification that the request had been received? As it was sent in the post I cannot see that it has been delivered, and don't want to wait several weeks to find out it was never received?

(I will point out that it has only been 7 working days so I'm not actually expecting anything yet)
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for. Currently compiling this now along with the I-864 (one for USC wife, one for USC mother in law as a joint sponsor). Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2018, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Everything currently in order, with police certificates for the UK and Germany obtained (and translation to follow), payment taken and an official filing date of 12th July. Currently the USC wife and her mother are completing their i864 sponsor forms and I am ensuring we have everything for the next few steps (ds260 form completion, medical, and ultimately interview)...

One thing though, as per my other post on the 'DCF London Case Number and Appointment Wait Times' thread, the time to process new submissions is getting slower, from 60 days when we sent our submission to 95 days now.

This likely will have no impact on us , but my wife's tier 2 visa expires on Nov 28th and we have decided not to renew it for just 2/3 months. What is the risk of any further delays so that it is not processed until after the date she has left the UK? She will have been living in the UK when submitting the petition, but (potentially) not when it is hopefully accepted - could this be a problem?
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Additional question - is it possible to edit the original post and title? Is this something I don't yet have access to? Or am I going blind?
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Additional question - is it possible to edit the original post and title? Is this something I don't yet have access to? Or am I going blind?
You have a 2 hour window after posting to edit your post...you cannot edit the title. Perhaps I can help you??
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You have a 2 hour window after posting to edit your post...you cannot edit the title. Perhaps I can help you??
Ah that makes sense.

Ooh many thanks - I realised (from my own experiences searching for forums) it might be useful to put in the title that this is CR1 via London DCF. Thank you
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I needed a tax transcript today and tried to get it online but couldn't. You need to provide them with a credit card in your name, which was not a problem. However, your mobile phone contract had to be in your name and the name on our plan is my husband's name. No go.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Everything currently in order, with police certificates for the UK and Germany obtained (and translation to follow), payment taken and an official filing date of 12th July. Currently the USC wife and her mother are completing their i864 sponsor forms and I am ensuring we have everything for the next few steps (ds260 form completion, medical, and ultimately interview)...

One thing though, as per my other post on the 'DCF London Case Number and Appointment Wait Times' thread, the time to process new submissions is getting slower, from 60 days when we sent our submission to 95 days now.

This likely will have no impact on us , but my wife's tier 2 visa expires on Nov 28th and we have decided not to renew it for just 2/3 months. What is the risk of any further delays so that it is not processed until after the date she has left the UK? She will have been living in the UK when submitting the petition, but (potentially) not when it is hopefully accepted - could this be a problem?
There is no risk to the petition if your wife is no longer living in the UK. Many posters who have LTR have up sticks and moved back to the US after the initial DCF Filing. There is no requirement to the process that she still be living in the UK; only that she was legally living in the UK at the date of filing.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Oh that could catch us out, she still has her US phone contract active but it is in her father's name on a family plan, so assume we will have the same problem. Would this make the alternative a postal transcript perhaps or is there another way to get this information?

Thank you Rete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.