Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Probs re I-131 advance Parole

Wikiposts

Probs re I-131 advance Parole

Old May 7th 2004, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Probs re I-131 advance Parole

We've now received a NOtice of Action for the advance parole application for my daughter ... and we've got one very very BIG problem now - all our fault .. dont know how we managed it but we did - so, what we did was we sent off the wrong applciation fee i.e instead of sending $110 - we stupidly sent $120 ...

The Notice of Action itself states:-

NOTICE TYPE: Rejection Notice

And in the main box it says:-

"The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $165. Please resubmit the application/petition with the appropriate fee to the address listed on the bottom of this notice"

And the address at the bottom is Chicago.

They have not returned the Part 7, Supplement nor the Court Order that was attached.

Does this now mean that we literally resubmit what they've returned to us with teh correct fee or does it mean that we now have to make a completely new, fresh advance parole application?

Any advice??
Old May 7th 2004, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice
Default Re: Probs re I-131 advance Parole

Originally posted by Lara45
We've now received a NOtice of Action for the advance parole application for my daughter ... and we've got one very very BIG problem now - all our fault .. dont know how we managed it but we did - so, what we did was we sent off the wrong applciation fee i.e instead of sending $110 - we stupidly sent $120 ...

"The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $165. Please resubmit the application/petition with the appropriate fee to the address listed on the bottom of this notice"

They have not returned the Part 7, Supplement nor the Court Order that was attached.

Does this now mean that we literally resubmit what they've returned to us with teh correct fee or does it mean that we now have to make a completely new, fresh advance parole application?

Any advice??
Have they returned your check? What about your AP - surely that's the wrong amount too?
Old May 7th 2004, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by AlisonPA
What about your AP - surely that's the wrong amount too?

Alison - dont ask me how we did this!! But no - my AP was for the correct fee .... all I can think of is during a last minute panic to get everything off - we enclosed $120 instead of $110 - I know!! I know!! of all the applications to get wrong - I got my daughters wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 7th 2004, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Have they returned your check? What about your AP - surely that's the wrong amount too?

And yes, they returned the check ..
Old May 7th 2004, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

And yes, they returned the check ..
Oh dear, I don't know what to suggest then other than what they say - reapply. Not sure what they've done with your court order - presumably it was a copy?
Old May 7th 2004, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear, I don't know what to suggest then other than what they say - reapply. Not sure what they've done with your court order - presumably it was a copy?

Yes Alison - I sent a copy of the Court Order ... I also noticed that they didn't return the Part 7, Supplement which was attached to the I-131 .. I dont know what to do to be honest with you!

Make a totally fresh application? or "resubmit" the application with another copy of the Court Order and a copy of the Part 7 Supplement with of course the correct fee ...
Old May 7th 2004, 8:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lara,

As a practical matter - what's the difference between resubmitting the same sheet of paper or submitting a different sheet of paper with the same information on it?

Send in a complete package, re-using applicable previous pieces of paper or not as you wish.

Regards, JEff

Yes Alison - I sent a copy of the Court Order ... I also noticed that they didn't return the Part 7, Supplement which was attached to the I-131 .. I dont know what to do to be honest with you!

Make a totally fresh application? or "resubmit" the application with another copy of the Court Order and a copy of the Part 7 Supplement with of course the correct fee ...
Old May 7th 2004, 9:23 am
Mrtravelkay

Lara45 wrote:

> We've now received a NOtice of Action for the advance parole application
    > for my daughter ... and we've got one very very BIG problem now - all
    > our fault .. dont know how we managed it but we did - so, what we did
    > was we sent off the wrong applciation fee i.e instead of sending $110 -
    > we stupidly sent $120 ...

The fee is $165 now, as indicated in the notice you received. Did you
file before April 30?

In any case, make sure you send the next one with $165 (unless the fee
changes)

Old May 7th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Lara,

As a practical matter - what's the difference between resubmitting the same sheet of paper or submitting a different sheet of paper with the same information on it?

Send in a complete package, re-using applicable previous pieces of paper or not as you wish.

Regards, JEff

My thinking was that by resubmitting the same sheet of paper(s) - then maybe (just possibley!!!) they would resume work on it - and the date of receipt woudl remain the same - otherwise, by sending in a "fresh" application then obviously the date of receipt would be completely diffeerent ... but then, Jeffrey, I supose Im just too practical .. mind you, having said that, my fault at the end of the day - after all I sent in the wrong fee ..
Old May 7th 2004, 9:37 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice??

Hey there Lara

First of all sorry for the rejection!!

If I were you I would send a fresh advance parole application, just to be safe
Good Luck!
Old May 7th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
Lara45 wrote:

> We've now received a NOtice of Action for the advance parole application
    > for my daughter ... and we've got one very very BIG problem now - all
    > our fault .. dont know how we managed it but we did - so, what we did
    > was we sent off the wrong applciation fee i.e instead of sending $110 -
    > we stupidly sent $120 ...

The fee is $165 now, as indicated in the notice you received. Did you
file before April 30?

In any case, make sure you send the next one with $165 (unless the fee
changes)
Yes we filed before April 30th - receipt notice dated 31st March - one big cock up on our part - we sent them more than they asked for ... at that stage ..