Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

problems paying US immigration fee

problems paying US immigration fee

Old May 26th 2015, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

rks123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default problems paying US immigration fee

Hi All, I have received my passport and green card visa and am trying to pay the immigration fee online but have the error, The USCIS Electronic Immigration System is temporarily off line as we perform maintenance. We regret any inconvenience and encourage customers to try again later today.

this has been like this for quite a few days so was wondering if anyone else has been able to pay the fee?
Old May 26th 2015, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: problems paying US immigration fee

Originally Posted by rks123
Hi All, I have received my passport and green card visa...
To clarify, it's an immigrant visa. You won't get the green card until after you enter the US.

... this has been like this for quite a few days so was wondering if anyone else has been able to pay the fee?
Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Have you tried using a different browser? I just tried it, and it seems to be working for me.

Ian
Old May 26th 2015, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

rks123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ian,

I waited until 9am EST and it seemed to let me in after that.
So all paid and set to leave.
Thanks for your help
Old May 26th 2015, 3:45 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Although the problem was solved, it should be noted that Monday May 25, 2015 was US Memorial Day -- a Federal holiday. It is not uncommon for Federal business websites to be closed on Weekends, usually Saturday night and Sunday. This time, there was a three-day weekend.
Old May 27th 2015, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of

ELIS seems to have regular problems - it took a number of weeks before we were able to pay ours.