Wikiposts

problems with G325A?

Old Mar 6th 2002, 1:35 pm
Nic

Default problems with G325A?

Hm ... I somehow posted this to the wrong group. How irritating is that. Please read
and advise Thank you.

I am trying to fill out the G-325a, but have run across a few problems.

1. Has anyone else used these fillable pdf forms? My city names do not fit in the
spaces provided, and I'm not sure what to do about that. I would prefer to fill it
out online, rather than by hand. Did anyone else have this problem? What did you
do? Does the INS care one way or the other if you use these forms or the ones with
the actual carbon copies?

2. For the alien registration number, would I put 'N/A' for me, and 'None' for my
fiancé, or 'N/A' for both, or 'None' for both?

3. When filling out the form for the fiancé, for 'applicant's last address outside
the US of more than one year,' should I leave this blank, since he's lived at his
present address for a few years, or should I just repeat his present address?

4. When my fiancé's parents married, they both took his mother's last name. Should I
put this name under 'Father's Family Name' or should I put his father's name
before they got married (we'll say it was Smith). If I put Smith, should I also
attach a document explaining that his dad's last name has changed, or should I
just not worry about it? I don't want them to think that my fiance's mother's last
name is Smith, but I don't know how closely they really pay attention to/care
about the information for the fiancé's parents.

5. What is a file number? Should I put 'N/A' or 'None'? Is it the same for
both of us?

6. From 08/1999 through 05/2000, I was in school (living on campus) and did not have
a permanent address. My parents moved from where we had been living before I left
for college, and I went there only once for a vacation. (I do not have a close
relationship with my parents). During other vacations, I visited various people,
but I didn't really 'live' anywhere, except for at the school. All my mail was
sent there, etc. From May to June of 2000, I visited a couple of people, but
didn't 'live' with them. So I had no address from 08/1999 through
6/1. Should I write 'no permanent address'? Should I write down my school address?
Should I just write down my parent's new address and hope for the best? I'm
really at a loss for what to do there.

7. I have not been continually employed for the past 5 years. For the years in
between when I had no job, should I write 'none' from 'date to date' Also, I
worked in a little store on campus for about 2.5 months. Should I include this on
the employment? I made no money, maybe $400, if that.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any help!! Nic

Old Mar 6th 2002, 3:05 pm
Megan

Default Re: problems with G325A?

> I am trying to fill out the G-325a, but have run across a few problems.
    >
    >1. Has anyone else used these fillable pdf forms? My city names do not fit in the
    > spaces provided, and I'm not sure what to do about that. I would prefer to fill
    > it out online, rather than by hand. Did anyone else have this problem? What did
    > you do? Does the INS care one way or the other if you use these forms or the ones
    > with the actual carbon copies?

Fillables are great...we used them with no probs. For anything that didn't fit we
just wrote it in...with no trouble.

>2. For the alien registration number, would I put 'N/A' for me, and 'None' for my
    > fiancé, or 'N/A' for both, or 'None' for both

"None" for both...assuming you're going the K1, 1-30, or K3 route and not
adjustment of status

>3. When filling out the form for the fiancé, for 'applicant's last address outside
    > the US of more than one year,' should I leave this blank, since he's lived at his
    > present address for a few years, or should I just repeat his present address?

If he still lives outside the U.S., put his present address.

>4. When my fiancé's parents married, they both took his mother's last name. Should I
    > put this name under 'Father's Family Name' or should I put his father's name
    > before they got married (we'll say it was Smith). If I put Smith, should I also
    > attach a document explaining that his dad's last name has changed, or should I
    > just not worry about it? I don't want them to think that my fiance's mother's
    > last name is Smith, but I don't know how closely they really pay attention
    > to/care about the information for the fiancé's parents.

Not sure bout that one...

>5. What is a file number? Should I put 'N/A' or 'None'? Is it the same for both
    > of us?

The File number is the A #....and both of you should have "none" for that answer
same as above

>6. From 08/1999 through 05/2000, I was in school (living on campus) and did not have
    > a permanent address. My parents moved from where we had been living before I left
    > for college, and I went there only once for a vacation. (I do not have a close
    > relationship with my parents). During other vacations, I visited various people,
    > but I didn't really 'live' anywhere, except for at the school. All my mail was
    > sent there, etc. From May to June of 2000, I visited a couple of people, but
    > didn't 'live' with them. So I had no address from 08/1999 through
    >06/2000. Should I write 'no permanent address'? Should I write down my school
    > address? Should I just write down my parent's new address and hope for the
    > best? I'm really at a loss for what to do there.

Hmmmm...not sure. My best guess would be the school's address.

>7. I have not been continually employed for the past 5 years. For the years in
    > between when I had no job, should I write 'none' from 'date to date'

Yes

>lso, I worked in a little store on campus for about 2.5 months. Should I include
    >this on the employment? I made no money, maybe $400, if that.

If it went on your tax returns, include it.

Good luck! Megan <3

"Frost on the windowpane, the sound of pouring rain, all makes me glad of you. Though
I am far away, I am always with you" -- Neil Finn (Crowded House)

Old Mar 6th 2002, 3:05 pm
Mrs Blackross

"Nic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hm ... I somehow posted this to the wrong group. How irritating is that. Please
    > read and advise Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > 1. Has anyone else used these fillable pdf forms? My city names do not fit in the
    > spaces provided, and I'm not sure what to do about that. I would prefer to fill
    > it out online, rather than by hand. Did anyone else have this problem? What did
    > you do? Does the INS care one way or the other if you use these forms or the
    > ones with the actual carbon copies?

If your city name won't fit, see if you can abbreviate somehow, or to be on the safe
side, leave it blank and fill the space by hand after printing. When we filed we used
the fillable forms, and I would imagine INS likes the filled-out printed forms better
as they are more legible and neat than the carbon copies.

>
    > 2. For the alien registration number, would I put 'N/A' for me, and 'None' for my
    > fiancé, or 'N/A' for both, or 'None' for both?

I would put "N/A" for the USC and "none" for the alien. Also if the non-USC does not
have a SSN, put "none" there as well. if he has one, put his number in there.

>
    > 3. When filling out the form for the fiancé, for 'applicant's last address outside
    > the US of more than one year,' should I leave this blank, since he's lived at
    > his present address for a few years, or should I just repeat his present
    > address?
    >
put exactly what it says, his last address outside the US.

> 4. When my fiancé's parents married, they both took his mother's last name. Should
    > I put this name under 'Father's Family Name' or should I put his father's name
    > before they got married (we'll say it was Smith). If I put Smith, should I also
    > attach a document explaining that his dad's last name has changed, or should I

I would put his father's current legal last name, and attach a note stating his birth
name, and indicating that he changed to his wife's last name when he married.

>
    > 5. What is a file number? Should I put 'N/A' or 'None'? Is it the same for both
    > of us?

hmm..the only place I know of where it says "file number" on the G325A is where you
would enter the Alien# (top right corner)...if he has no alien # yet, put "none".

>
    > 6. From 08/1999 through 05/2000, I was in school (living on campus) and did not
    > have a permanent address. My parents moved from where we had been living before
    > I left for college, and I went there only once for a vacation. (I do not have a
    > close relationship with my parents). During other vacations, I visited various
    > people, but I didn't really 'live' anywhere, except for at the school. All my
    > mail was sent there, etc. From May to June of 2000, I visited a couple of
    > people, but didn't 'live' with them. So I had no address from 08/1999 through
    > 06/2000. Should I write 'no permanent address'? Should I write down my school

If you are talking about where it asks for previous addresses, and school was where
you had your mail sent during that time, I would put that address for that time
period Put your current address first, and the school address next, and your parents
address last and you cover the last 5 years.

>
    > 7. I have not been continually employed for the past 5 years. For the years in
    > between when I had no job, should I write 'none' from 'date to date' Also, I
    > worked in a little store on campus for about 2.5 months. Should I include this
    > on the employment? I made no money, maybe $400, if that.

I wouldn't waste space including the dates when you are between jobs...simply list
the jobs you DID work and the dates you worked them. And yea, for safety's sake
include the 2.5 month job, in case INS checks...you don't want them to think you were
trying to hide something!

>
    > That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any help!! Nic

Old Mar 7th 2002, 6:35 am
Nic

> > 5. What is a file number? Should I put 'N/A' or 'None'? Is it the same for both
    > > of us?
    >
    > hmm..the only place I know of where it says "file number" on the G325A is where you
    > would enter the Alien# (top right corner)...if he has no alien # yet, put "none".

So under "file number" (yes, this is the box in the upper right corner) Should I put
"none" for both, or should I put "N/A" for me? (I am the USC)

> > 6. From 08/1999 through 05/2000, I was in school (living on campus) and did not
    > > have a permanent address. My parents moved from where we had been living
    > > before I left for college, and I went there only once for a vacation. (I do
    > > not have a close relationship with my parents). During other vacations, I
    > > visited various people, but I didn't really 'live' anywhere, except for at the
    > > school. All my mail was sent there, etc. From May to June of 2000, I visited a
    > > couple of people, but didn't 'live' with them. So I had no address from
    > > 08/1999 through
    > > 06/2000. Should I write 'no permanent address'? Should I write down my school
    > > address? Should I just write down my parent's new address and hope for
    > > the best? I'm really at a loss for what to do there.
    >
    > If you are talking about where it asks for previous addresses, and school was where
    > you had your mail sent during that time, I would put that address for that time
    > period Put your current address first, and the school address next, and your
    > parents address last and you cover the last 5 years.

One more thing on this - For the month when I was visiting friends (end of may to end
of june, 2000) what address do you think I should put? Still the school address? I
did not return to that school after I left in May.

Also, where it asks for "last address outside the US of more than one year" - I lived
in Germany for almost 11.5 months. Not for more than a year, but close to a year. Do
you think I should put my address there, or should I just leave it blank?

Is it a problem if you don't know the city and country where your parents were born?

Thanks for your responses! Nic

Old Mar 20th 2002, 8:35 am
Albino Shaq

I had the same problem with space available in the fillable forms. What I did was
type "SEE CONTINUATION SHEET" in the blank, then added a sheet of paper with the
question number referenced and the full name and address typed out.

--

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and they are
safe." Proverbs 18:10

http://www.hiline.net/~jimost/james.html

"Nic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hm ... I somehow posted this to the wrong group. How irritating is that. Please
    > read and advise Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > 1. Has anyone else used these fillable pdf forms? My city names do not fit in the
    > you do? Does the INS care one way or the other if you use these forms or the
    > ones with the actual carbon copies?
    >
    > 2. For the alien registration number, would I put 'N/A' for me, and 'None' for my
    > fiancé, or 'N/A' for both, or 'None' for both?
    >
    > 3. When filling out the form for the fiancé, for 'applicant's last address outside
    > the US of more than one year,' should I leave this blank, since he's lived at
    > his present address for a few years, or should I just repeat his present
    > address?
    >
    > 4. When my fiancé's parents married, they both took his mother's last name. Should
    > I put this name under 'Father's Family Name' or should I put his father's name
    >
    > 5. What is a file number? Should I put 'N/A' or 'None'? Is it the same for both
    > of us?
    >
    > 6. From 08/1999 through 05/2000, I was in school (living on campus) and did not
    > have a permanent address. My parents moved from where we had been living before
    > I left for college, and I went there only once for a vacation. (I do not have a
    > close relationship with my parents). During other vacations, I visited various
    > people, but I didn't really 'live' anywhere, except for at the school. All my
    > mail was sent there, etc. From May to June of 2000, I visited a couple of
    > people, but didn't 'live' with them. So I had no address from 08/1999 through
    > 06/2000. Should I write 'no permanent address'? Should I write down my school
    >
    > 7. I have not been continually employed for the past 5 years. For the years in
    > between when I had no job, should I write 'none' from 'date to date' Also, I
    > worked in a little store on campus for about 2.5 months. Should I include this
    > on the employment? I made no money, maybe $400, if that.
    >
    > That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any help!! Nic