Wikiposts

Problem in London?

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 2:05 am
Qwikhog

Default Problem in London?

The Embassy in London received my fiancee's packet 3 papers last Thursady. She called
that new phone number over there and asked about it, but they said they had no record
of her as of yet. My fiancee also asked how long it might be before she gets a date
for the interview. This person told her up to 12 weeks!!! That cannot be right, is
it? Just to get the date of the interview? I told my fiancee she might have meant the
entire process takes up to 12 weeks. Anyone shed any light on this...my Natalie is
going REALLY nuts now! Thanks

Frank

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 2:46 am
Just Joined

angusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problem in London?

I called London yesterday and was told the same thing, that it can take anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks for the approval notice to get from the service centre to the Consulate. I understand how your fiancee feels.

Did you pay for cabling?
Old Apr 3rd 2002, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just been to have my interveiw on March 21st, and I go the visa no poroblem by the way! Well the time it took from my girlfriend got the 2nd NOA in Nebraska to the the time I got the letter for the interview was exactly 2 weeks and the I had about 10 days notice from reciving the interview letter to the interview itself so from 2nd NOA to getting the K1 in London was less than 4 weeks. I did however send in my packet 3 stuff the day after we got the 1st NOA if that made any difference??
The strange thing is when they asked me when I want to leave for the US I put down June 2002 as I can't leave until then because of University exams but loads of people here want to leave right away after getting their K1 and I got my interview way before them, I don't know why, but am just glad I got the visa at least now I have tonnes of time to find a cheap flight........£139 from Manchester to Pittsburgh!!! and to sell all my stuff!!!

Good luck

Rich
Old Apr 3rd 2002, 5:35 am
Simon Jessey

<My fiancee also asked how long it might be before she gets a date for the interview.
This person told her up to 12 weeks!!! That cannot be right, is it? Just to get the
date of the interview?>

It could be, but it is unlikely to be that long, to be honest. It took them half that
time for my visa and that was just after the terrorist attacks in NYC and WDC.

Simon Jessey

See my timeline and get K1 / AOS info at my website:- http://jessey.net/visa

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 6:05 am
Simon Jessey

<Did you pay for cabling?>

Don't pay for cabling if you are filing through the Vermont Service Center - they
cable it anyway. Dunno about the others.

Simon Jessey

See my timeline and get K1 / AOS info at my website:- http://jessey.net/visa

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 7:05 am
Jan

Hi Quikhog I have just received a letter to tell me my case number from London ... it
took 3 and a half weeks after filing Pack 3, no interview date yet though, i'm hoping
it will be here soon, i'll post as soon as i have the info. Jan )

"QWIKHOG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > The Embassy in London received my fiancee's packet 3 papers last Thursady.
She
    > called that new phone number over there and asked about it, but they said
they
    > had no record of her as of yet. My fiancee also asked how long it might
be
    > before she gets a date for the interview. This person told her up to 12 weeks!!!
    > That cannot be right, is it? Just to get the date of the
interview?
    > I told my fiancee she might have meant the entire process takes up to 12
weeks.
    > Anyone shed any light on this...my Natalie is going REALLY nuts now!
Thanks
    >
    > Frank

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 7:05 am
Shar

[email protected] (Simon Jessey) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > <My fiancee also asked how long it might be before she gets a date for the
    > interview. This person told her up to 12 weeks!!! That cannot be right, is it? Just
    > to get the date of the interview?>

Frank, I sent my downloaded packet#3 forms to London Feb 19. I received the
actual packet#3 from them on March 1. Sent the checklist in March 25 and my
interview is April 11.

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 8:05 am
Denis Barlow

Hi Frank,

I wouldn't worry unduly, when I was going through this I was told by a very helpful
lady at the Embassy that it takes 3 weeks from receipt of the packet 3 for the data
to be entered into the computer and then they wait for receipt of the petition.

I was unlucky, my petition got lost between CSC and London somewhere never to be seen
again. I had to get Cathy to Fed-Ex the Original Notice of Approval to London but
once they had that I had my interview within 3 weeks.

HTH

Denis

PS This was after 9/11

"QWIKHOG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > The Embassy in London received my fiancee's packet 3 papers last Thursady.
She
    > called that new phone number over there and asked about it, but they said
they
    > had no record of her as of yet. My fiancee also asked how long it might
be
    > before she gets a date for the interview. This person told her up to 12 weeks!!!
    > That cannot be right, is it? Just to get the date of the
interview?
    > I told my fiancee she might have meant the entire process takes up to 12
weeks.
    > Anyone shed any light on this...my Natalie is going REALLY nuts now!
Thanks
    >
    > Frank

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 12:36 pm
Qwikhog

Thanks alot guys....this all great info! This puts us at ease a bit...especially my
UK fiancee! It sounds like quite a few people are getting interview dates VERY
quickly though. I wonder why...? I told Natalie to call and ask the embassy people,
but she is afraid to piss someone off! Again, thanks for all the help!

Frank

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

angusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

It is now four weeks since we were approved at NSC but London still does not have the approval notice. I sent all the pkt three forms back weeks ago and have a provisional file but I can't get an interview date without the approval.

I hope it doesn't take 12 weeks!
Old Apr 4th 2002, 2:05 pm
Qwikhog

Well my UK fiancee is in the same spot. We sent in provisional stuff a month ago, but
still nothing. They told her to call back on Friday the 5th, so we'll see what
happens.....good luck to you

Frank

Old Apr 5th 2002, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

are all these message concerning spousal or fiancee applications??
Old Apr 5th 2002, 4:50 pm
Synchro1212

I called the Embassy myself from Texas. I told them I was concerned I had not heard
and was afraid it was lost. They were very helpful, and pulled it right up. They said
that it was in and a letter would go out right away. It was 4 weeks to get approval
and 2 weeks to get interview date.

Old Apr 6th 2002, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

BestGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Synchro1212, are you saying it was 4 weeks for them to receive your approval from the Service center and then 2 more weeks for the interview date to be assigned?

Our timeline is as follows:
Received 1st NOA from NSC: November 28
Received 2nd NOA from NSC: February 20
Heard through phone line at London that they had my petition approval: April 1
Still waiting for an interview date.

It would be really helpful if when people post if they could include their timeline in an easy to follow fashion. Don't know about you, but my anxiety is over the top and having information helps.
Old Apr 6th 2002, 2:50 pm
Qwikhog

Synchro....What number did you use to call the embassy? I'm wondering if it is
different than the one they give out. I thought I might call the embassy myself as
well since they do not seem to have my UK fiancee's paperwork on file yet. We were
approve on March 5th, but she sent in the packet 3 paperwork just before that, but
they say they have not received approval yet.....Thanks for the help if any.....

Frank

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.