Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Problem with Adjustement of status

Wikiposts

Problem with Adjustement of status

Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:45 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all
Default Problem with Adjustement of status

I filed my AOS along with work and travel documents a couple of months back. I recieved a letter back saying that I need to submit a 'completed and signed I-864 Affidavit of Support'

I know i sent it off, i know it was complete and signed because my lawyer looked it over and Ok'd it.

What is the problem, any ideas?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with Adjustement of status

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
I filed my AOS along with work and travel documents a couple of months back. I recieved a letter back saying that I need to submit a 'completed and signed I-864 Affidavit of Support'

I know i sent it off, i know it was complete and signed because my lawyer looked it over and Ok'd it.

What is the problem, any ideas?
They probably lost it, or it somehow became separated from the rest of your app. It's best just to give them what they want (again).
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
They probably lost it, or it somehow became separated from the rest of your app. It's best just to give them what they want (again).
I agree. Somehow they misplaced it or it got separated from the AOS package. Send another original I-864 and photocopies of the backup docs.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:55 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all

Okay sounds good. I hope this is all they lost! Is there a number I can call just in case?

I'm worried that I'll send them what they already have when they somehow want something else. Which is just me being parranoid, but I want to make sure.

Also, how long after filling did you guys get your work documents? I am so excited to work!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay sounds good. I hope this is all they lost! Is there a number I can call just in case?

I'm worried that I'll send them what they already have when they somehow want something else. Which is just me being parranoid, but I want to make sure.

Also, how long after filling did you guys get your work documents? I am so excited to work!
I assume you received an RFE (Request for Further Evidence) for the missing I-864? The RFE's are pretty specific in what they want...so if they said to send an I-864, then that's all they want (plus the backup docs).

Normally it takes around 90 days to get the EAD in hand...BUT, an RFE can set that back until they receive the information from you and resume processing on your case.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:03 am
Rosie

I have a
'Request for Initial Evidence - I-485'

Is this the same thing?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:10 am

I have a
'Request for Initial Evidence - I-485'

Is this the same thing?
Yes.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:24 am
Rosie

Haha stupid question huh?

Okay, I'll resubmit what they want with the letter sent. And hope they don't lose that too!

Not worth calling up to make sure?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Haha stupid question huh?

Okay, I'll resubmit what they want with the letter sent. And hope they don't lose that too!

There is no one to call and ask; the person with your file isn't reachable.

Are you sure that you had all the required attachments?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:48 am

There is no way to call them. The only thing you can do is send back the RFE along with the requested documents.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:44 am
Rosie

Okay well thanks guys i'll send it back and hope for the best