Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Prices for medical in Ft.Lauderdale/Miami??

Wikiposts

Prices for medical in Ft.Lauderdale/Miami??

Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:36 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prices for medical in Ft.Lauderdale/Miami??

Hi, all!!!

Well, looks like I'll need another full medical for our AOS interview, which we still haven't received a date for yet, as my K1 medical was on Jan 13th, 2002. Does anyone have any ideas how much that'll cost in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area? I want to shop around, but it'd be nice to get an idea. Thanks for any input.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:45 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prices for medical in Ft.Lauderdale/Miami??

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, all!!!

Well, looks like I'll need another full medical for our AOS interview, which we still haven't received a date for yet, as my K1 medical was on Jan 13th, 2002. Does anyone have any ideas how much that'll cost in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area? I want to shop around, but it'd be nice to get an idea. Thanks for any input.

Kate. xxxxx

Do you not have to use a "designated" doctor for this?
Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:54 pm

Originally posted by cindyabs
Do you not have to use a "designated" doctor for this?
I thought you had to choose one from a list of civil surgeons provided by USCIS?

Kate. xxx
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, all!!!

Kate. xxxxx

It will have to be a BCIS-approved civil surgeon........
Old Dec 8th 2003, 1:20 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had to choose one from a list of civil surgeons provided by USCIS?

Kate. xxx
Heya Kate,
I think that this is what cindyabs meant by "designated". Are you on Corey's health insurance? If you are, the best bet would be to find out if there are any USCIS docs on the list of doctors that his insurance will cover. (wow, what an awkwardly worded sentence! eeek!) Anyway, if there are others out there who have recently had a medical, can you help Kate out and let her know how you went about setting it up?

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (hoping to hit London soon!)
5/29/03 NOA1
11/26/03 NOA2
12/1/03 NOA 2 in mail
12/4/03 Case arrives at NVC
Old Dec 8th 2003, 2:23 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate
Here is the list of civil surgeon for the Miami areas:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/LocateSurgeon.asp

I did a bit of phoning around when I had mine done in Tampa
but was amazed to find a similar price by all of them...Could it be a nice little cartel ..no idea.. I just picked the one with a nice sounding name...were very nice.. I was lucky though I had aged out of a few injections, I think it was about $160..but for you youngster expect more...
Old Dec 8th 2003, 3:13 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
Hi Kate
Here is the list of civil surgeon for the Miami areas:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/LocateSurgeon.asp

I did a bit of phoning around when I had mine done in Tampa
but was amazed to find a similar price by all of them...Could it be a nice little cartel ..no idea.. I just picked the one with a nice sounding name...were very nice.. I was lucky though I had aged out of a few injections, I think it was about $160..but for you youngster expect more...
Here in Los Angeles, the prices are all over the block. I've been informed by cients that you get LOWER prices by going to the docs in the more affluent areas. Go figure.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:13 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, all!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Kate, looky here:

"Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

I took this off the USCIS website by doing a search for civil surgeons. They seem to be saying that if you FILED your application for AOS within a year time period from your med. exam for the K, you don't need another. Are you thinking that because your INTERVIEW will be more than a year out that you need a new medical? Can anyone clarify on this?

~SG
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:32 am
The Missus

as my K1 medical was on Jan 13th, 2002.
Kate. xxxxx
Kate, honey.....

Your medical was in 2003! (right?)

~SG
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:46 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Kate. xxx

That's what I meant Kate. You CAN get that list and then you could contact them. I looked up to see who was "designated" in Savannah.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:09 am

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Kate, honey.....

Your medical was in 2003! (right?)

~SG
No. 2002.

Kate. xxx
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:13 am
The Missus

No. 2002.

Kate. xxx
Kate.....I'm so confused! Didn't you have your interview on Jan. 13th 2003? This past January, right? Your medical was done the same day?

I don't mean to be a pain, just trying to understand.....

~SG
(confused, and not the first time....!)
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:00 am

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Kate.....I'm so confused! Didn't you have your interview on Jan. 13th 2003? This past January, right? Your medical was done the same day?

I don't mean to be a pain, just trying to understand.....

~SG
(confused, and not the first time....!)
Hehehehehe!!!! I'm confused also!!! Yes, you are right. My interview and medical was in Jan 2003. What a dipstick, I can't even remember dates anymore!!! I filed our AOS papers in April 2003. I wasn't sure if the K1 medical had to be within one yr of my AOS interview itself, or just the filing of my papers, so I thought I'd have the medical anyway.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:27 am
The Missus

Hehehehehe!!!! I'm confused also!!! Yes, you are right. My interview and medical was in Jan 2003. What a dipstick, I can't even remember dates anymore!!! I filed our AOS papers in April 2003. I wasn't sure if the K1 medical had to be within one yr of my AOS interview itself, or just the filing of my papers, so I thought I'd have the medical anyway.

Kate. xxxxx
Looks like from what I quoted that you're ok......seems the medical has to be done within the year time period of *filing* AOS, so, you fit that criteria......

~SG
(Knows what to get Kate for Christmas....a new calendar..... ducks and runs!)