Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Pretty sure I sent my DS230 off unsigned - How do I remedy this?

Pretty sure I sent my DS230 off unsigned - How do I remedy this?

Old Mar 6th 2012, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

verbicide is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pretty sure I sent my DS230 off unsigned - How do I remedy this?

...for my K1 Visa application.

I thought none of the documents required a signature, but after having a look at the wiki it's just the DS 156, DS 157 and DS 156k that don't.

I'm thinking I should just send in another, with a cover letter giving my case number and explaining the issue, since even if I contact them they're probably going to tell me to do this anyway.

Any advice?

Last edited by verbicide; Mar 6th 2012 at 2:52 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 2:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty sure I sent my DS230 off unsigned - How do I remedy this?

I wouldn't do anything right now. My guess is that you'll be OK, because you can always sign the DS-230 when you appear in person for your interview.

Sending another one in now will make it difficult for them to match up this one with your existing file. If they definitely need a signed one before they can schedule an interview, they will let you know to send in another one...and at that point, they'll be expecting a new one, so you can then send one in.

But I honestly think they'll still schedule the interview even with an unsigned DS-230.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

I would agree with Rene on this - I was wondering the same since our lawyer will be filing the ds230 on our behalf and I have been told I am not required to sign this (yet). Presumably for the same reason Rene mentioned and they can be signed at interview.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Agreed. There's other forms that need signing at the interview and I don't see why they couldn't just get you to do it there. I also think it's not worth sending another one unless they specifically ask for it. You'll only end up confusing somebody.

James
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

I forgot to sign my DS-230 as well. I just phoned the extortionate helpline number to inform them, and they said they would leave a note for me to sign it at the interview, which I did. You should be fine.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

vangelistexas is an unknown quantity at this point

And what if someone sent a signed Part II of the DS-230? Will they be able to correct it at the DV visa interview? I am growing impatient here because I don't know whether I signed it or not Please help guys, thanx!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vangelistexas
And what if someone sent a signed Part II of the DS-230? Will they be able to correct it at the DV visa interview? I am growing impatient here because I don't know whether I signed it or not Please help guys, thanx!
Yes, all those things can be corrected at the interview.

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, all those things can be corrected at the interview.

Rene
Thank you so much! Do they hand out extra sheets to be filled in again if this was the case?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You sent DS-230 Part II? Without keeping a copy of it? (Which, among good reasons for keeping a copy, would allow you to know whether or not you signed it.)

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
You sent DS-230 Part II? Without keeping a copy of it? (Which, among good reasons for keeping a copy, would allow you to know whether or not you signed it.)

Regards, JEff
Well, yes. It is necessary to send out DS-230 Parts I and II for the DV Visa I know, I know. I should have copied my application papers. But I didn't. I guess a lot of people make similar mistakes and live just fine with that, due to the fact that the American administration is very professional with any kind of documentation. If someone needed a Serbian document, trust me. It would be a mess.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do they hand out extra sheets to be filled in again if this was the case?
No... they'll just give you the original to sign - because that's what you sent them, right?

Ian
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:10 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, no. It's necessary to send DS-230 Part I (along with DS-2001). DS-230 Part II is taken to the interview along with the supporting documentation.

And to follow up on what Ian wrote, if it worries you print out and fill out another copy of DS-230-II to take with you to the interview. But I agree with him, they may either accept the signature that you put on the form in advance or they'll have you re-sign.

Regards, JEff

Well, yes. It is necessary to send out DS-230 Parts I and II for the DV Visa

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Oct 11th 2012 at 10:13 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No... they'll just give you the original to sign - because that's what you sent them, right?

Ian
No Ian It says that Part II should NOT be signed when sending the first batch of documents for the DV visa, but I am afraid that I might have signed it accidentally.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Well, no. It's necessary to send DS-230 Part I (along with DS-2001). DS-230 Part II is taken to the interview along with the supporting documentation.

And to follow up on what Ian wrote, if it worries you print out and fill out another copy of DS-230-II to take with you to the interview. But I agree with him, they may either accept the signature that you put on the form in advance or they'll have you re-sign.

Regards, JEff
Thanks Jeff. DS-2001 is no longer a part of DV visa application, DSP-122 and DS-230 are the two forms that need to be sent to KCC for further processing. Both parts I and II
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:18 pm

By the way, what's a "DV visa"? You aren't applying for a diversity visa, are you?

Regards, JEff

EDIT: Ah, you are applying for a diversity visa, not a marriage-based visa!

No Ian It says that Part II should NOT be signed when sending the first batch of documents for the DV visa, but I am afraid that I might have signed it accidentally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.