Wikiposts

To be prepared!

Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

newton817 will become famous soon enough
Default To be prepared!

Before anyone tells me i am going to have a long wait, I know. My family and I have just been approved on a I-130 and now am preparing myself for the long hard slog until the PD becomes current, but wondering if there is anything i can do now to make the procedure go smoother when the time does arrive. I was thinking along the lines of medical ie: vacinations etc.

also could anybody give me a clue to what kind of questions they ask at interview? I know its a long way off, but like to be prepared. constructive please.

Thankyou in anticipation, Paul
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To be prepared!

Originally Posted by newton817
Before anyone tells me i am going to have a long wait, I know. My family and I have just been approved on a I-130 and now am preparing myself for the long hard slog until the PD becomes current, but wondering if there is anything i can do now to make the procedure go smoother when the time does arrive. I was thinking along the lines of medical ie: vacinations etc.

also could anybody give me a clue to what kind of questions they ask at interview? I know its a long way off, but like to be prepared. constructive please.

What category family member are you falling into?

The medicals are only good for 1 year, and you might need to show something from the embassy anyway, so no sense getting that done.

Police reports, as well, are only valid for 1 year. I don't think there's much you can get done ahead of time.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What category family member are you falling into?

The medicals are only good for 1 year, and you might need to show something from the embassy anyway, so no sense getting that done.

Police reports, as well, are only valid for 1 year. I don't think there's much you can get done ahead of time.

Rene
Never mind, I see now you are "married child of USC" category.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Never mind, I see now you are "married child of USC" category.

Rene
Thanks Noorah, I guess the headless chicken thing is going to happen after all. Paul.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a good idea for you to be prepared.. the reading is interesting and will help you know what you need to get ready.
Have a read here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1339.html and start looking at the documents and such that you'll want to have on hand.

You'll find the vaccination list there, but if there are some you think you may have already had, or that are medically contraindicated for your age etc, don't just get them. The doctor at your medical will advise what is missing and what is required (it's often less than applicants think!). The medical usually has to be assigned to you, so you can't get that early either.

But I think you'll find plenty of interesting stuff at that link.. have fun!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
I think it's a good idea for you to be prepared.. the reading is interesting and will help you know what you need to get ready.
Have a read here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1339.html and start looking at the documents and such that you'll want to have on hand.

You'll find the vaccination list there, but if there are some you think you may have already had, or that are medically contraindicated for your age etc, don't just get them. The doctor at your medical will advise what is missing and what is required (it's often less than applicants think!). The medical usually has to be assigned to you, so you can't get that early either.

But I think you'll find plenty of interesting stuff at that link.. have fun!
Thanks for the link, meauxna, I have probably plenty of time while waiting but just want to be as ready as i can be. One question that hasn't been answered is, what kind of questions are we going to get at the interview? that i think is going to be the scariest moment. Paul
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, meauxna, I have probably plenty of time while waiting but just want to be as ready as i can be. One question that hasn't been answered is, what kind of questions are we going to get at the interview? that i think is going to be the scariest moment. Paul
The interview should not be scary. My only experience is with a spouse case, but all other reports I've read are the same: you're asked basic questions that you will know the answer to. Things like your relationship to the petitioner, what you plan to do in the US, where you've live etc. They will already have done their checking on you by that time.
It is usually described as 'an anticlimax'.

You can search the internet under the phrase 'interview experience' and find people's reports.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:53 am
Enigma Boy

what category have you applied under?

--
<a href="http://pakistan-gifts.com">Send Gifts to Pakistan</a> | <a
href="http://1pakistangifts.com">#1 Pakistan Gifts Store to send gifts to
Pakistan</a> | <a href="http://pakistangiftsemporium.com">Send Cakes,
Flowers and Other Gifts to Pakistan</a>
"newton817" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
> Before anyone tells me i am going to have a long wait, I know. My
> family and I have just been approved on a I-130 and now am preparing
> myself for the long hard slog until the PD becomes current, but
> wondering if there is anything i can do now to make the procedure go
> smoother when the time does arrive. I was thinking along the lines of
> medical ie: vacinations etc.
>
> also could anybody give me a clue to what kind of questions they ask at
> interview? I know its a long way off, but like to be prepared.
> constructive please.
>
> Thankyou in anticipation, Paul
>
> --

>

Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Enigma Boy
what category have you applied under?
Do you actually read any of the responses... or do you just like to post questions that have already been answered?

Ian
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do you actually read any of the responses... or do you just like to post questions that have already been answered?

Ian
do apologise if i seem to have upset you. maybe i shouln't post on here again just in case you don't like the same questions or maybe you could be kind enough to not bother posting if your not going to help someone. welcome all, but before you post read every single post, just in case you post the same question. get a life.

thanks to everyone else who as helped me, bye paul
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

do apologise if i seem to have upset you.
I was replying to Enigma Boy... not to you! Perhaps you should read the quoted bits more carefully.

Ian
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I was replying to Enigma Boy... not to you! Perhaps you should read the quoted bits more carefully.

Ian
sorry, yes i should. I thought you was on about original question. Tiredness is a killer isn't it. grovel grovel. paul
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Tiredness is a killer isn't it. grovel grovel.
No worries! All is forgiven!

Ian