Reload this Page >

Preparation for Separation

Wikiposts

Preparation for Separation

Old Jun 1st 2004, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Preparation for Separation

Can anyone direct me towards info regarding ways to assist in transition for a newcomer? I expect the whole gamut of emotions and would like to be prepared. I don't want to leave anything to chance. Thank you.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 4:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preparation for Separation

Originally posted by 156thSt.
Can anyone direct me towards info regarding ways to assist in transition for a newcomer? I expect the whole gamut of emotions and would like to be prepared. I don't want to leave anything to chance. Thank you.
Your message is a bit vague. Separation from what? Are you leaving your home country or divorcing your wife? Both of those run the gamut of emotions and require preparation.

Ian
Old Jun 1st 2004, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ian-mstm
Your message is a bit vague. Separation from what? Are you leaving your home country or divorcing your wife? Both of those run the gamut of emotions and require preparation.

Ian
My fiance is to move here from Scotland.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If you do a google search on "all things scottish" you'll find a number of web sites. See if there's anything in your area that might help him feel more at home. From my experience, the thing most missed is the food, so you might want to see if there are any food stores in your area that carry authentic Scottish foods.

There are a number of ex-Scots who frequent this group, so perhaps others will also have suggestions. Good luck to you both.

Ian

Originally posted by 156thSt.
My fiance is to move here from Scotland.