Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Preparation for interview questions in London!

Preparation for interview questions in London!

Old Jan 3rd 2019, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

theroon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Preparation for interview questions in London!

Hi all,

I have my interview set for 25 January! Excited but obviously also a little anxious to make sure I am well prepared. I just wanted a bit of guidance on a couple of points.
My wife is US/UK citizen. She has recently filed the last three years of taxes with a tax expert in London. He says we just need copies of the completed forms for the interview. Does that sound right? That isn't proof of filing, is it? We can also include a copy of an email from him saying they have been filed.

Secondly, we will be using her flat in London to prove we are financially sound. She put down a deposit of about £300,000 on the property, with about £65,000 still left to pay. We have a recent evaluation of the flat. Do we just need to provide evidence of the mortgage details?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 1:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preparation for interview questions in London!

1. Correct on the tax returns.
2. Proof of mortgage details and current home value.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

theroon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. Correct on the tax returns.
2. Proof of mortgage details and current home value.

Rene

Hi Rene,

I'm correct, or he is?

Thanks again.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 1:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

He is. Bring along that email just in case.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

'She has recently filed the last three years of taxes with a tax expert in London.'

They've also been sent to the IRS? Just making sure...