Pregnant Wife and K3 Visa

Wikiposts

Pregnant Wife and K3 Visa

Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnant Wife and K3 Visa

I need some advice.

I am sponsoring my wife for the K3 visa and have my 1st NOA of 01/07/2004. My wife is also about 4 months pregnant.
There is a good chance that she may get the visa after she has the baby or she may be unable to travel.

What can I do, if the baby is born in India.
Can I add the baby to the K3 visa or will I have to file a separate K4 visa.
I have also heard that the baby can be claimed as a US citizen and I can get a US passport for him/her. How do I go about doing that.

And can anyone tell me how long after birth is it safe for a newborn to travel on a plane.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnant Wife and K3 Visa

Originally posted by neerluck
I need some advice.

I am sponsoring my wife for the K3 visa and have my 1st NOA of 01/07/2004. My wife is also about 4 months pregnant.
There is a good chance that she may get the visa after she has the baby or she may be unable to travel.

I have also heard that the baby can be claimed as a US citizen and I can get a US passport for him/her. How do I go about doing that.

And can anyone tell me how long after birth is it safe for a newborn to travel on a plane.
Hi:

YOU don't file for the visa -- you just file the I-129F for your wife. When approved SHE then files for the K-3. At that time, she can also have the child file for the K-4.

BTW, you don't give enough facts -- but your fact situation suggests the possibility that your child will not be eligible for a K-4 visa inasmuch as they as visas are only given to aliens -- the child may need a US passport.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:28 am
Andy Platt

Obviously it depends somewhat on the child but for healthy infants anything
above a couple of weeks is generally ok. We first took my daughter when she
was 12 weeks old. Feed them during take off and landing so that their ears
don't become too uncomfortable. Try to find a flight with a "proper"
bassinet - the ones United use are terrible plastic things that sit on the
ground and were useless.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination
"neerluck" <member21149@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I need some advice.
    > I am sponsoring my wife for the K3 visa and have my
    > 1st NOA of 01/07/2004. My wife is also about 4 months pregnant.
    > There
    > is a good chance that she may get the visa after she has the baby or she
    > may be unable to travel.
    > What can I do, if the baby is born in India.
    > Can I add the baby to the K3 visa or will I have to file a separate K4
    > visa.
    > I have also heard that the baby can be claimed as a US citizen
    > and I can get a US passport for him/her. How do I go about doing that.
    > And can anyone tell me how long after birth is it safe for a newborn
    > to travel on a plane.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:46 am
Just Joined

dell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by neerluck
I need some advice.

]

You may obtain further information on citizenship by clicking here.

http://usembassy.state.gov/chennai/wwwhacscrba.html

Please come to the Consulate with the following original items when applying to document your newborn child as an American citizen.

Proof the parents' identity and citizenship such as passports and/or naturalization certificates.

Child's birth certificate issued by the local authorities.

Two identical photographs of the child, 2" x 2" in size and taken against a light background. There should be a half inch gap from the top of the head to the border of the photograph.

Prenatal and hospital records.

Fee of $85 for the Consular Report of Birth Abroad. (If also applying for a passport, bring the passport issuance fee of $70 as well.)

The parents' marriage certificate and divorce decrees from any previous marriages, if applicable.

Proof of parents' residence in the U.S. (For children born to one U.S. citizen and one foreign national, the U.S. citizen parent will need to show five years of physical presence in the U.S., two of which must be after the age of 14. For children born to two U.S. citizen parents, one parent must have resided in the U.S. at any time prior to the child's birth.)

If only one parent is present in India, the other parent must complete a consent form. Click here to download Parental Consent form