Wikiposts

Pre-Interview Jitters!

Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Holmgirlj is on a distinguished road
Default Pre-Interview Jitters!

Hi All
Firstly, I want to thank everyone for your words of wisdom during this very frustrating process!!
We have our interview on Wednesday at the US Embassy in London and I will be going along with my husband. I'm the USC and he's the UKC.
I was wondering.....when he is interviewed and has to provide and discuss all the documents am I able to sit with him through the process as well??
Just wondering how prepared he needs to be if he has to go through it solo...or if I can be apart of it as well and help out! (Obviously he has to know what all the stuff is and we will be sure to organize it properly!)
It's just the I-864 that has so much to go along with it (Evidence of finances, taxes, intent to domicile, etc.) that it would be so much easier if I was there for it too!
Anyway, just was wondering if any USC went along with their spouse and what that experience was like!
Thanks!!!
~Jen~
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Interview Jitters!

Originally Posted by Holmgirlj
I was wondering.....when he is interviewed and has to provide and discuss all the documents am I able to sit with him through the process as well??
I don't think they are allowing the USC spouse to approach the window in London anymore. If the ConOff wants to talk to you, you'll be called up.

Just wondering how prepared he needs to be if he has to go through it solo...or if I can be apart of it as well and help out! (Obviously he has to know what all the stuff is and we will be sure to organize it properly!)
It's just the I-864 that has so much to go along with it (Evidence of finances, taxes, intent to domicile, etc.) that it would be so much easier if I was there for it too!
Go over everything with your husband ahead of time, so he understands what he's presenting to the ConOff, just in case you cannot speak to the Conoff yourself.

My understanding is also that if you want to be present in the embassy with him, you need to notify them ahead of time, so they can put your name on the list of authorized people to be there.

Rene
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene,
We have notified the Embassy that I will be attending as well so hopefully that won't be a problem.
We will certainly go through everything to make sure he understands it all! (It's hard explaining tax returns, etc. to a Brit! But I know he will be absolutely fine!)
Looks like I will be getting some Quality Time with my book!!

~Jen~
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I attended my DH's interview and had the same concerns as you (I also really wanted to observe an interview!).
lol @ 'sitting'.. he will be standing at a window.

I was not allowed to stand at the window with him, but I was called over to explain my I-864. And then excused again. grrrr
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I attended my DH's interview and had the same concerns as you (I also really wanted to observe an interview!).
lol @ 'sitting'.. he will be standing at a window.

I was not allowed to stand at the window with him, but I was called over to explain my I-864. And then excused again. grrrr
For the record, I also attended my fiance's K-1 visa interview, in Turkey. Like meauxna, in addition to wanting to lend support on this important day, plus wanting to be there to answer any questions, I also wanted to observe an interview! Unlike meauxna, I was allowed to approach the window and stand there with my fiance the whole time. The ConOff asked questions of both of us - me in English and my fiance through a Turkish interpreter.

It was a really pleasant and fun experience, I'm very glad we did it together!

Rene
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:09 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Just thought I'd add, that when I went for my interview, they didn't ask me anything about the I-864 and the tax documents I handed over. The lady just took them off me, stamped them and put them in folder with all the other forms they had. From my experience, they're not going to ask him anything that he won't be able to answer on his own.

Just noticed you say you have the interview today, so I'm a bit late with this, LOL. Hope it went well.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:31 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

I attended with my DH but it was over a year ago so procedures may have changed since then. We did inform them of my coming in advance but they didn't have a record of it - but the person outside just wrote my name on his letter anyway and let me through. We went up to all the windows together. At the paperwork window they talked only to DH and I just handed him papers out of our binder as they were asked, but at the interview window we were both talked to equally, with some questions to him, some to me, and some to both of us.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone!
We did have our interview yesterday and it all went well! I was even able to be with my husband the whole time. They never asked me to leave the window and were happy to speak to both of us about all the paperwork we were handing over!
It was funny though at the end when we were speaking to the Immigration officer and he said to me "Who made you so paranoid about proving domicile?!"
Obviously we had way too much information that they didn't even need-but always better to be safe than sorry!
Anyway, I know I have said this before, but we could not have done it without the help of everyone on here!!!
~Jen~
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:38 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

So your DH got approved?? Congratulations!!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you told me that you were paranoid because of the reports of a few months back of people being placed on hold because of not having enough proof of such.

Congratulations.