Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

posting docs to NVC or take to interview?

Wikiposts

posting docs to NVC or take to interview?

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

sunnylondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default posting docs to NVC or take to interview?

Hi there, I'm applying for K3 visa. About a month ago, I sent a checklist to the US embassy in London to indicate that my documents (medical/police certificate etc) are prepared and I'm ready to be assigned an interview date. I understood that I would need to take these documents with me to the interview itself.

I then received an email stating that I have to complete certain docs (i.e. DS-230 plus my other docs..medical/police certificate etc) and post them to the NVC.

I'm confused? Will I only be issued an interview date once the NVC has received these documents? Do I post the NVC the originals or copies? Would be grateful for your guidance....Many thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:59 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of
Default Re: posting docs to NVC or take to interview?

You need to send the originals (certified copies), but make sure you get duplicate certified copies, as you may need them to take with you to the interview just in case they get lost from your file.

Once they have everything it takes only a week or two to arrange your interview date, and you may need to chase them up because my interview is scheduled for 1st Aug and my husband only received the letter last Friday (18th July), which would not have left me enough time to arrange the medical, but we had already got our interview date by phoning the NVC.

Good luck, and I hope you get an interview date quickly.

Lyn
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnylondon
Hi there, I'm applying for K3 visa. About a month ago, I sent a checklist to the US embassy in London to indicate that my documents (medical/police certificate etc) are prepared and I'm ready to be assigned an interview date. I understood that I would need to take these documents with me to the interview itself.

I then received an email stating that I have to complete certain docs (i.e. DS-230 plus my other docs..medical/police certificate etc) and post them to the NVC.

I'm confused? Will I only be issued an interview date once the NVC has received these documents? Do I post the NVC the originals or copies? Would be grateful for your guidance....Many thanks
Are the documents from NVC perhaps pertaining to the Immigrant Visa, and NVC was not aware that you are pursuing a K-3 instead?

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Are the documents from NVC perhaps pertaining to the Immigrant Visa, and NVC was not aware that you are pursuing a K-3 instead?

Rene
I believe Rene is correct. My husband is applying for both a K-3 and the CR-1 in London --- so I think we're in the same boat. It sounds like the NVC is continuing to process your IV (CR-1 or IR-1). If you are going the K-3 route and plan to adjust status, the NVC requests you let them know, so that they don't continue to process your IV.

Just to be clear you will take all the documents to your K-3 interview (Birth, Marriage, Police and Divorce/Death) if applicable and/or if you decide to continue to work with the NVC to get the IV processed you will then send the Originals + 1 copy to them in the States.