Wikiposts

Post AOS

Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough
Default Post AOS

When I left England on a k1 visa my company agreed to keep my position open. I'm thinking once my AOS is complete going back to work for a couple of months(depending on the pound against the dollar). Can anyone envisage any probs with this? or is it ok to do from a legal and visa standpoint?

Basically doing this for financial reasons as I think by the time I get my AOS complete we will have spent the money we saved for a deposit on a place and this is a way I can go straight into a job that pays decent money?

As always any thoughts will be appreciated
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post AOS

Originally Posted by fogga4000
When I left England on a k1 visa my company agreed to keep my position open. I'm thinking once my AOS is complete going back to work for a couple of months(depending on the pound against the dollar). Can anyone envisage any probs with this? or is it ok to do from a legal and visa standpoint?

Basically doing this for financial reasons as I think by the time I get my AOS complete we will have spent the money we saved for a deposit on a place and this is a way I can go straight into a job that pays decent money?

Didn't you apply for your I-765 EAD when you filed your AOS? If so, you could go to work for them right now as you are legal to work in the US. It doesn't matter that the company is based overseas, as far as I've heard. However, you may have difficulty if you plan on using this income on the I-864.

Or are you talking about returning to Britain and working for them there, after your AOS is approved? I'm a bit confused by your wording.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You are just thinking of a 1-time trip back for just a couple of months? Should be OK doing that, you'll have your green card so shouldn't be a problem returning to the USA.

Rene
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Sorry after reading back my wording was unclear. I'm thinking of going back to Britain to work for a couple of months. Yes just as a one time visit for 2 to three months.
Also whilst on the subject we were thinking my wife would come over for part of the time, does she still qualify for the vwp or now as a spouse of a citizen does she need to apply for something else? never thought of her coming back the other way, we've been concentrating so much on me coming here?

Thanks for any responses guys
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry after reading back my wording was unclear. I'm thinking of going back to Britain to work for a couple of months. Yes just as a one time visit for 2 to three months.
Also whilst on the subject we were thinking my wife would come over for part of the time, does she still qualify for the vwp or now as a spouse of a citizen does she need to apply for something else? never thought of her coming back the other way, we've been concentrating so much on me coming here?

Thanks for any responses guys
If you have your EAD and your AP in hand, you can go now and work for a while over there (assuming you qualify to safely use AP).

If you want to wait until after your green card comes, that's fine too. A visit of 2 or 3 months abroad is fine.

I don't know what your wife will need to visit the UK now, sorry.

Rene
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

OK thanks, Yes I've only just filed for my AOS a couple of weeks ago so not expecting it until after christmas now but just thinking ahead really.

It just dawned on me that all the time i've spent researching everything and filling in forms to get over here I'd never thought of what my wife will need to enter the UK.

Any info would be great thanks guys as I'm sure most people have experience of this?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It just dawned on me that all the time i've spent researching everything and filling in forms to get over here I'd never thought of what my wife will need to enter the UK.

Any info would be great thanks guys as I'm sure most people have experience of this?
If she is going only as a visitor, that's how she goes (visa free if that is how she normally travels). When I've entered & been asked who I am traveling with, I point to the husband and explain. I get the usual 6 months 'no working, no public funds' stamp.
She can carry evidence of your residence in the US as a hedge.