Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to withdraw K-1 petition and apply for K-3 ?

Is it possible to withdraw K-1 petition and apply for K-3 ?

Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:58 am
Just Joined

mindip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it possible to withdraw K-1 petition and apply for K-3 ?

Hi All,

Like many people on this forums my K-1 case is also under administrative review at mumbai since August.

After reading the below thread from mdmd101, I am wandering if it is possible to withdraw K-1 petition and apply for K-3 visa.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=95276

Like mdmd101 mentioned if I-130 is approved on same day at Delhi than this would be faster route than waiting for months under K-1 administrative review.

LEt me know if its possible or not?
Thanks!
Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it possible to withdraw K-1 petition and apply for K-3 ?

Originally posted by mindip:
Hi All,

Like many people on this forums my K-1 case is also under administrative review at mumbai since August.

After reading the below thread from mdmd101, I am wandering if it is possible to withdraw K-1 petition and apply for K-3 visa.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=95276

Like mdmd101 mentioned if I-130 is approved on same day at Delhi than this would be faster route than waiting for months under K-1 administrative review.

LEt me know if its possible or not?
Thanks!
Hi Mindip,
Also note that MD, even though he did the Indian version of the DCF (direct counsular filing) is ALSO under "administrative review".
The New Delhi I-130 could get approval in one day THEN back you go to Mumbai for the interview~~~just what do you think will happen there?
i have watched the Mumbai shenanigans for over a year and either they have totally lost their grip or there is infact some sort of freeze on distributing visas. You will see that the Consulates in other countries, including Russia and China, are putting fiances on administrtive review also. No one is being straight up about the situation, but at least the other embassies are telling the beneficiaries that they have been approved and then given the administrative review telling them that at "some future date" *unknown and ever changing* they will receive the visa.
So, tell us about your experience with Mumbai?
Best wishes and thanks for coming forward to talk about this,
Old Aug 29th 2002, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

I withdrew a K-1 after it had landed at the consulate. Due to various circumstances, we decided it would be best to get married and for me to apply for I-130/K3 than to continue with the K-1. I visited the consulate in Islamabad and signed a statement that I wish to abandon my K-1. They filed that statement with the INS, case closed. I would not be surprised my K-1 approval speeded my I-130 approval at CSC (3 months, including an RFE). I included my K-1 approval notice with my I-130/K3 applications as well as a copy of the letter abandoning my K-1 due to marriage.

omer
Old Aug 29th 2002, 12:32 pm
Mrtravel

But.. you weren't under admin review. If they suspect fraud for a K-1, they are going
to suspect fraud in the K-3.

osaeed wrote:
    > I withdrew a K-1 after it had landed at the consulate. Due to various
    > circumstances, we decided it would be best to get married and for me to apply for
    > I-130/K3 than to continue with the K-1. I visited the consulate in Islamabad and
    > signed a statement that I wish to abandon my K-1. They filed that statement with
    > the INS, case closed. I would not be surprised my K-1 approval speeded my I-130
    > approval at CSC (3 months, including an RFE). I included my K-1 approval notice
    > with my I-130/K3 applications as well as a copy of the letter abandoning my K-1 due
    > to marriage.
    > omer
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com