Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to travel to usa whilst waiting for visa?

Wikiposts

Is it possible to travel to usa whilst waiting for visa?

Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:56 am
Just Joined

webster2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it possible to travel to usa whilst waiting for visa?

Hi! My husband is in the process of gaining his visa via embassy in London, but we are hoping to visit the US before he can complete the final stage.

Is this possible? I am a USC and waiting to start a job over there to provide the affidavit of support, but this won't start til the summer, and we'd like to go over at Easter.

Do you know of any issues that may prevent my husband from travelling with me?

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to travel to usa whilst waiting for visa?

Originally Posted by webster2007
Hi! My husband is in the process of gaining his visa via embassy in London, but we are hoping to visit the US before he can complete the final stage.

Is this possible? I am a USC and waiting to start a job over there to provide the affidavit of support, but this won't start til the summer, and we'd like to go over at Easter.

Do you know of any issues that may prevent my husband from travelling with me?

Thanks
Yes, it's legal and possible to visit the USA while a visa process is ongoing.

Make sure he brings proof of his ties to the UK, in case they ask for such at the POE.

Are you both currently living in the UK? Did you file the I-130 in London? If so, how far along in the process is he? Easter isn't until the first weekend in April. A typical DCF case only takes about 5 months. He might even have his visa by Easter...or perhaps he might be having his interview around that time. Make sure he's in the UK for that.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:11 am
Just Joined

webster2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it possible to travel to usa whilst waiting for visa?

Thanks for that. He did file in London a while ago, but I've not been able to complete the affidavit of support yet without being in the job (I'm a teacher and times have been tough in the US job front).

We've been told he has until Sept to return the form to say he has all documentation in order to get the interview.

When we travel he will still be in work and will need to return.

Cheers