Possible mistake on i-129f

Wikiposts

Possible mistake on i-129f

Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:01 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible mistake on i-129f

Hi -

I believe I answered a question wrong on the i-129f...

For question 20 - "Your fiencee will apply for a visa abroad at the American Consulate in..."

I entered Stockholm, Sweden. Should I have put this or something else, since hopefully he will be in the US? I'm very confused about this question.

If it was wrong, should I send in a corrected form?

Help!
Thanks...
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

cmstrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Possible mistake on i-129f

Originally posted by KimJ
Hi -

For question 20 - "Your fiencee will apply for a visa abroad at the American Consulate in..."

I entered Stockholm, Sweden. Should I have put this or something else, since hopefully he will be in the US? I'm very confused about this question.

Help!
Thanks...
I don't think this is a big deal.....not enough to worry about changing it at this point if you've already sent it in. I answered on our I-129F that my fiance would go to the embassy in Guadalajara, Mexico...and they don't even issue visas there. He had to go to the consulate in Cd. Juarez, Mexico. They didn't ever say anything about answering that question wrong.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Hi Kim

I didn't actually fill in my I-129f, my lawyer did it on my behalf. We filed it for K1.

If you are the USC and your fiance is currently in Sweden, I think you answered this correctly by putting Sweden. My reasons behind this are that your fiance will have to go to the US Embassy in Stockholm for an interview before a visa will be issued. If Stockholm works like London, it is the Embassy that issue the visa.

If I am wrong about this, I'm sure it won't be too long before someone else chimes in with some more advice.

Good luck
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi -

Help!
Thanks...
Hi:

You did it right.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:23 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi -

Help!
Thanks...
Kim,
He's still going to attend his interview and make a formal application for the Visa in Sweden, married or not.....so, you would put the name of the consulate in the country that he's coming from. Hope this helps.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
(waiting on NVC, tick tick tick)
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:56 am
Queen of the Obvious

BIG sigh of relief...

Thanks everyone...
Old Dec 8th 2003, 7:33 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I entered Stockholm, Sweden. Should I have put this or something else, since hopefully he will be in the US?
Sorry, but I'm not sure if I misunderstood this, but are you saying your fiance will be in the US at the time of the interview? Because he can't do the interview in the US...he will have to do it where he lives. Just wanted to verify that.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 7:39 am
Queen of the Obvious

Originally posted by Steffi
Sorry, but I'm not sure if I misunderstood this, but are you saying your fiance will be in the US at the time of the interview? Because he can't do the interview in the US...he will have to do it where he lives. Just wanted to verify that.
Hi Steffi -

It's my husband, actually. No - he's not in the States - yet...
Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe our pal JEff has let this one slide!

Kim, I'm sure by now you've figured it... the I-129f is a petition that, once approved, allows your husband to apply for a visa (K3). Visas are issued outside the US. Therefore...
Like everyone said, you're right.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:35 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

meauxna,

I was tempted, because her question is confusing with that "he will be in the US" thrown in there. But Mr. F's response was clear and to the point, so yes I let it slide.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by meauxna
I can't believe our pal JEff has let this one slide!

Kim, I'm sure by now you've figured it... the I-129f is a petition that, once approved, allows your husband to apply for a visa (K3). Visas are issued outside the US. Therefore...
Like everyone said, you're right.