Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to change Interview date for K1

Is it possible to change Interview date for K1

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

dragon4609 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it possible to change Interview date for K1

I am curious is it possible to change your K1 interview date? I have my medical in London on the 10th Jan. My partner and I are looking at getting Married in Aug, so I am worried that we will not see each other for quite a while.

Ideally it would be good to see her in early March and have the interview, when I get back.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 10:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to change Interview date for K1

Originally Posted by dragon4609
I am curious is it possible to change your K1 interview date? I have my medical in London on the 10th Jan. My partner and I are looking at getting Married in Aug, so I am worried that we will not see each other for quite a while.

Ideally it would be good to see her in early March and have the interview, when I get back.
You can't change the date until you get a date. You'll have to go to the medical, get an interview date scheduled, and then risk changing it. The risk is that if your request for a change does not get through the proper channels and onto the desk of your ConOff by the date of your scheduled interview, you'll be considered a no-show and will be denied.

How about just rescheduling your medical for a later date? The embassy won't schedule your interview until they have the results of your medical. So postponing the medical seems to be the best option, other than moving up the wedding date.

Rene
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

You only have 6 months following your medical to enter the US to activate your visa and 90 days after entry to get married so you may want to consider postponing your medical until a later date.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am worried that we will not see each other for quite a while.
With respect, this is not an unusual situation when dealing with US immigration.

I understand - but, in the grand scheme of things, what's a few months away from each other? You'll survive... the same as the rest of us who found ourselves in the same situation.

FWIW, I agree with Rene - just reschedule your medical... problem solved.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jan 3rd 2014 at 2:47 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:23 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Have you submitted your DS-160 and Notification of Readiness? In addition yo your medical, you won't receive an interview date until you've submitted those as well.