Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Please Please Just tell us what 2 do... :(

Wikiposts

Please Please Just tell us what 2 do... :(

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Please Just tell us what 2 do... :(

Originally Posted by ddagmar
Thanks for that Rene. So it looks like I need to order the papers for this then.
Wow...I have spent so much time reading post by others that I have stopped thinking about my own path.
I'm not sure what you mean by "order the papers", but you can go to www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, and download the I-130 and G-325A.

Also, check to see if there is a waiting period in your state from the time you apply for the marriage license until the day you can get married. And, check to see how long it takes to get the certified copy of the marriage certificate afterwards...some places have same-day service.

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

ddagmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm not sure what you mean by "order the papers", but you can go to www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, and download the I-130 and G-325A.

Also, check to see if there is a waiting period in your state from the time you apply for the marriage license until the day you can get married. And, check to see how long it takes to get the certified copy of the marriage certificate afterwards...some places have same-day service.

Rene
I should have said download the paperwork. But I am not sure what other forms I will need as it has been a while since I looked into all of that...I have gone to the uscis site and looked at the forms but I do not see where they tell you as in a list...what ones I need now and the what ones I will, he will, need later. Seems to me I read on here a list of forms but now I can't find it. Help! I do not remember what a G-325A is??hmm. will go look that up now.
And We are a small town area so I think it does not take tooooo long for ther certified copy...maybe just a few days. The good news for us is that we are not it a rush but I would like to have all of this done and done right.
Thank's,
D
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddagmar
I should have said download the paperwork. But I am not sure what other forms I will need as it has been a while since I looked into all of that...I have gone to the uscis site and looked at the forms but I do not see where they tell you as in a list...what ones I need now and the what ones I will, he will, need later. Seems to me I read on here a list of forms but now I can't find it. Help! I do not remember what a G-325A is??hmm. will go look that up now.
And We are a small town area so I think it does not take tooooo long for ther certified copy...maybe just a few days. The good news for us is that we are not it a rush but I would like to have all of this done and done right.
Thank's,
D
The I-130 instructions will tell you what other forms, evidence, and documents you will need to submit with it.

After the I-130 is approved, the USC will need to submit an I-864 affivadit of support (also found at www.uscis.gov). NVC will instruct the USC when to submit the I-864.

You can check the US Embassy in London's website for the forms the UKC will need for the IV Immigrant Visa.

Best Wishes,
Rene