Please Please Just tell us what 2 do... :(

Wikiposts

Please Please Just tell us what 2 do... :(

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

onyxangel23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please Please Just tell us what 2 do... :(

Originally Posted by LynannC
I thought I would just add an alternative for you to think about.

If you want to be together ASAP then you could apply for a marriage visitor visa to come to the UK, get married and stay. There are two options here. The first allows for 6 months, the other for 2 years. The 6 month visa takes about a week to get, but then you still won't be through with trying to get your then husband to the US. The 2 year visa takes less than a month to get, and after you've been here on it for 6 months you should qualify for Direct Consular Filing of your I-130. If you are able to relocate to the UK for a year or two then it will be your quickest route to be together and get married legally. On the 2 year visa once you come over to get married you shouldn't have to spend any more time apart during immigration when you do decide to move back to the US.

Hope this helps with the decision making process.

Lyn
that sounds promising I thought a marriage visa was something you get after the fiance visa in uk? am I wrong!? Is the marriage visa a whole other animal all together.?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onyxangel23
Is the marriage visa a whole other animal all together.?
I believe it is, yes.

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onyxangel23
that sounds promising I thought a marriage visa was something you get after the fiance visa in uk?
There are certainly a number of valid visa processes that you can follow, but they all end up with much the same result. Usually, once you decide *where* to marry, the choice of visas becomes a lot more clear. For example, you can get a UK fiancee visa so that you could go to the UK to get married (and stay for some period of time). Later on, your (then) husband would get a US spouse visa to return with you to the US. If you get permission to stay in the UK for 6+ months or more, filing the I-130 application (spouse visa petition) in London is definitely the fastest way to get the two of you back to the US... with the added benefit that your (then) husband will become a US permanent resident on day one with permission to live and work in the US... and no more paperwork (well... mostly)!

Here's a thought... don't try to plan out your entire immigration history in one go... baby steps - that's the key!

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

ddagmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Knight
Yes.

Yes.

If you want to go down the fiancee visa route (K1), have a read of this - K1 Wiki Article.

If you want to go down the DCF route, do a search on this forum for DCF. You'll find some good links to resources that way.
When dealing with people who are new here PLEASE say what you are talking about....Like I have no idea what a DCF is and I have been reading post off and on here for the last year!
I need a notebook just for all the acronyms.

So, anyhooooo....what is DCF?
Thank you,
D
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddagmar
When dealing with people who are new here PLEASE say what you are talking about....Like I have no idea what a DCF is and I have been reading post off and on here for the last year!

Thank you,
D
Direct Consular Filing.

When the USC (U.S. citizen) lives in the UK (or whatever country) and files for a spousal visa for their husband/wife at the consulate where they live, rather than filing in the US.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you,
D
Immigration Forum Acronyms & Abbreviations

Visa Options - Immigrant, K-1, K-3, & Family Preference
Understanding Your Options

Articles in category "USA Immigration"

Google Results
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracym
Direct Consular Filing.

When the USC (U.S. citizen) lives in the UK (or whatever country) and files for a spousal visa for their husband/wife at the consulate where they live, rather than filing in the US.
Thank you!...and I have heard that before.

I think it would be nice to have a place listed with all of these noted. Mayby in the wiki?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Cool....did not know about those...will make notes!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

When dealing with people who are new here PLEASE say what you are talking about.
Why? We know what we mean! Consider it part of your immigration education. No charge!

Like I have no idea what a DCF is...
Google is your friend... use "immigration" + the acronym and you're guaranteed good results.

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I'm fairly new here too. Everyone that has replied to your thread really knows what they are talking about, and will give you current info. Please do some reading, spend time looking at other threads, gather info. All the answers are here.

It may seem like certain people are being harsh. That is not the case. I for one probably feel the same as them some days seeing the same posts. ALL the questions and answers you have asked are in this forum. They just take a little time and effort to find them.

Good luck with your visa journey. I'm sure in time all will become clear.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you,
D
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...95&postcount=7

Maybe it just didn't stick.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well it is the old grey cells!!! not a memory that works most times! Sad to say but true!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

meauxna, I do have a question for you. We have decided to have the wedding here in the US next month (26th) then he will return to the UK in August 10th. Do you know where I should look to see how soon I can file the 1130? Do you know if it is better to wait a couple of weeks or a month before I send in the papers or send them off right away.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

meauxna, I do have a question for you. We have decided to have the wedding here in the US next month (26th) then he will return to the UK in August 10th. Do you know where I should look to see how soon I can file the 1130? Do you know if it is better to wait a couple of weeks or a month before I send in the papers or send them off right away.
You can send in the I-130 as soon as you have a Certified Copy of your Marriage Certificate (plus, of course, all the other necessary backup paperwork to go with the I-130). You can send it the same day you receive the Certified Copy if you want to, no need to wait any particular amount of time.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can send in the I-130 as soon as you have a Certified Copy of your Marriage Certificate (plus, of course, all the other necessary backup paperwork to go with the I-130). You can send it the same day you receive the Certified Copy if you want to, no need to wait any particular amount of time.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks for that Rene. So it looks like I need to order the papers for this then.
Wow...I have spent so much time reading post by others that I have stopped thinking about my own path.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.