Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Please help me to provide evidence for these ........................................

Please help me to provide evidence for these ........................................

Old Dec 9th 2003, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

bigbulus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me to provide evidence for these ........................................

Hi:

I just filed H-1B petition. USCIS knows that the position (Computer System Analyst) is a specialty occupation. What they want to know is whether the company that hired me requires a bachelor degree for the position offered (Computer Systems Analyst).

What USCIS asking are basically 1. provide evidence that company ever posting the job ads regarding the position and 2. past hiring history for the position offered, which requires bachelor degree.

So, I got these 2 RFEs. Please comments with your answer, I need some inputs and I would really appreciate it.

The RFEs are:
1. POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: To support the petitioner's contention that the position is a "specialty occupation", provide copies of the petitioner's present and past job vacancy announcement. The petitioner may also provide classified advertisements soliciting for the current position, showing that the petitioner requires its applicants to have a minimum of a baccalaureate or higher degree or its equivalents.
--FACT: no advertisement. the employer found me from mutual acquaintance.

2. PAST EMPLOYMENT PRACITICES: Provide evidence to establish that the petitioner has a past practice of hiring person with a baccalaureate degree or higher to perform the duties of the proferred position. Indicate the number of persons employed in similar positions. Further, indicate how many of those persons have a baccalaureate degree or higher and the particular field of study in which the degree was attained.
--FACT: It is new job, the company business has growth to the point where it needs full-time computer system analyst.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Please help me to provide evidence for these ........................................

good lord dude. You've posted this 4-5 times already in various forums.

If this company is paying you $60-80k or whatever a year, I think they can afford $2k for a lawyer to help you with this. That's what I suggest.

-= nav =-