Wikiposts

Please help - Had AOS Interview but they requested additional documents

Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:14 pm
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road
Default Please help - Had AOS Interview but they requested additional documents

Hi,

I had my AOS Interview today...the officer asked for additional documents - proof of martial relationship - what should I be sending?

Did anyone else get such a request? I am really worried.......please help!

Thanks.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help - Had AOS Interview but they requested additional documents

we got the same request too. where are you filing? we are filing at San francisco.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:24 pm
fun
Forum Regular

Default Re: Please help - Had AOS Interview but they requested additional documents

We are filing at Newark.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:26 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

fun,

You should be sending anything you have that shows that you and your wife have been living your lives together as a married couple.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by fun
Hi,

I had my AOS Interview today...the officer asked for additional documents - proof of martial relationship - what should I be sending?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fun
Hi,

Thanks.

What did the DAO ask you to submit as additional proof of the validity of your marriage. That is what you need to go by not what others had to submit. Each case is individual and what might apply to one might not apply to you. You were interviewed, the documentation you took was examined and apply found lacking. What exactly were you asked to bring.

Rete
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:14 am
fun
Forum Regular

I brought in photographs of us together, joint bank statements, marriage certificate and birth certificate.....she just gave me a form that said additional proof of marriage required and when I asked her she said quite rudely "it's your life....whatever you can give me to prove your marriage life together". I am so depressed......what else can I give to them? Any ideas?
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

Try anything showing that you are eachother's beneficiary for insurance, 401k or whatever. Show health insurance cards. Your lease agreement or house deed.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:42 am
Just Joined

rusty1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fun
Hi,

Thanks.
1. Beneficiaries passport and I-94
2. current personal ID for both parties
3. copies of the birth certificates of any children born to us. ( I hope they mean as a result of this union )
4. copies of federal,and state income tax returns for each year, or portion thereof, during which petitioner and beneficiary have been married.
5. copies of lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy.
6. evidence of any joint bank accounts, charge accounts etc.
7. copies of any life insurance and/or health insurance policies of petitioner and beneficiary
8. copies of wills and/or power of attorneys
9. Statements from petitioners and/or beneficiaries employer(s) preferable on company stationary, Indicating the marital status claimed, dependants claimed and whom to notify in case of emergency.
10. sworn statements from at least two persons, attesting to the length of time petitioner and beneficiary have been residing together in Marital Union.
11. Any other evidence which would tend to establish the existance of a bona fide marital relationship.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 3:44 am
Just Joined

rusty1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rusty
1. Beneficiaries passport and I-94
2. current personal ID for both parties
3. copies of the birth certificates of any children born to us. ( I hope they mean as a result of this union )
4. copies of federal,and state income tax returns for each year, or portion thereof, during which petitioner and beneficiary have been married.
5. copies of lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy.
6. evidence of any joint bank accounts, charge accounts etc.
7. copies of any life insurance and/or health insurance policies of petitioner and beneficiary
8. copies of wills and/or power of attorneys
9. Statements from petitioners and/or beneficiaries employer(s) preferable on company stationary, Indicating the marital status claimed, dependants claimed and whom to notify in case of emergency.
10. sworn statements from at least two persons, attesting to the length of time petitioner and beneficiary have been residing together in Marital Union.
11. Any other evidence which would tend to establish the existance of a bona fide marital relationship.
Sorry, forgot to mention that this is just an example from the K1faqsite. You may have more evidence than what is on this list so I'd do some brainstorming.

Good luck
http://www.k1faq.com/#6.11.2
Old Mar 16th 2004, 4:07 am
David9287

Originally posted by fun
I brought in photographs of us together, joint bank statements, marriage certificate and birth certificate.....she just gave me a form that said additional proof of marriage required and when I asked her she said quite rudely "it's your life....whatever you can give me to prove your marriage life together". I am so depressed......what else can I give to them? Any ideas?
Hello,
Signed statements from friends and family that have seen you together and know you to be a married couple. JOINT utility, cable, telephone bills. Insurance policies together...... this is some additional information you may wish to submit. Hope this helps... :-)

Old Mar 16th 2004, 5:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fun

Doesn't sound like you gave much evidence of a commingled social or financial life with your spouse if all you gave were bank statements.

Here are a few things that might be considered good evidence:

1. Joint tax returns
2. Single Car Insurance policy insuring both of you
3. Utility bills in both names
4. Lease or deed in both names
5. Credit cards in both names
6. Life Insurance with the other spouse as beneficiary
7. Employer letters from your respective employers stating who is beneficiary of health, dental, 401K plans and name to call in case of emergency
8. Joint car registration if you have that (we don't as we own two cars ... one is mine and one is his but we share a single car insurance policy)
9. photographs of the two of you together during holidays, vacations, special occasions.
10. mail addressed to you both at the same address
11. membership is any clubs where you are joint members, even a bowling league, etc.

Rete
Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:18 am
fun
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone so much for your help...I was feeling so lost....maybe I was underprepared for this interview.........I feel kind of stupid but hopefully I will get it done this time......If you guys can think of anything else please let me know....once again.....thanks a lot.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:53 am
fun
Forum Regular

I would like to prepare sworn statements from two people....affidavits acknowledgeing that me and my husband live together in marriage...how do I prepare them? Is there any sample or format? Thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 9:46 am
I love my sailor.

Marjeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll work it out.
I have my AOS interview in a couple of weeks. I tried to gather different "evidence" and my folder is already 2 inches thick, filled with copies, pictures, all kinds of things. Hopefully it'll be enough...
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

trasmus will become famous soon enoughtrasmus will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by fun
I would like to prepare sworn statements from two people....affidavits acknowledgeing that me and my husband live together in marriage...how do I prepare them? Is there any sample or format? Thanks.

Look on this page: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#step%205

Under- 7.8.1) ..So what does USCIS (INS) want to see in the affidavit from people we know??

trasmus