Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Please forgive me - 1st post didn't go to usenet - Good News AND Bad News

Wikiposts

Please forgive me - 1st post didn't go to usenet - Good News AND Bad News

Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Please forgive me - 1st post didn't go to usenet - Good News AND Bad News

cmstrick -

I think the deal is that they use this as a fraud prevention mechanism, to keep the visa recipient from changing the contents of the envelope. I've got no idea what is in the envelope in the first place, so I don't know what could be done with the contents. Basically, what I am saying is that I am ignorant of much of what goes on here... I'm just a spectator. I can hardly wait to see what happens next ;^).

Richard III

Originally posted by cmstrick
awwww MAN, that SUCKS....can she just call or email the consulate so someone doesn't actually have to go in??

it was obviously a misunderstanding on his part....i mean if she has the visa what could be sooo bad about opening the packet...

anyway, now that it's been opened can you tell us what is inside??
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please forgive me - 1st post didn't go to usenet - Good News AND Bad News

Originally posted by Richard III
I am learning lessons that I will never be able to use. I hope someone else benefits from my mistakes - sorta like going to school on my tuition ;^).

Richard III
Someone will benefit from your mistakes, RichardIII! I always tell my husband of the things that happen to those going before us. It has helped immensely!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

cmstrick -

Sorry - I don't know what was in the envelope, as I said, my wife's son doesn't speak more than a few words of English...

Richard III

Originally posted by cmstrick
awwww MAN, that SUCKS....can she just call or email the consulate so someone doesn't actually have to go in??

it was obviously a misunderstanding on his part....i mean if she has the visa what could be sooo bad about opening the packet...

anyway, now that it's been opened can you tell us what is inside??
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:05 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Someone will benefit from your mistakes, RichardIII! I always tell my husband of the things that happen to those going before us. It has helped immensely!!
Absolutely right Leslie. I've learnt so much from listening to the people here.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:46 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Richard, congratulations for the visa!!!!!!! Poor kid, though. He must feel terrible. Most likely, it's going to be a solvable problem and you can look back on it one day and laugh.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Heba -

That's exactly what I told Elena., today this looks like a disaster, tomorrow we'll laugh ourselves silly about it. He is such a good, and smart, young man, and he does feel awful about it. Despite the fact that his mum teaches English and American Studies at the secondary school level, his focus is on all things technical, he is studying fiber optic engineering at a prestigious university in St. Petersburg. It was an honest mistake, what can be done but to fix it?

Richard III

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Richard, congratulations for the visa!!!!!!! Poor kid, though. He must feel terrible. Most likely, it's going to be a solvable problem and you can look back on it one day and laugh.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Richard,

Late to this thread, but congratulations on receiving the visa!! And of course, mistakes will be made - I think the worst that will happen is that it will just delay things a bit more (so what else is new, right??).

I'm having some delays in my case too, come up suddenly, which I'm not happy about but which can't be helped. I guess there are a few of us who just get the worst case scenarios and make the best of them, and as you said, at least other people can learn from them :-)

I truly admire your positive attitude throughout all the problems you've had. Bravo! :-))

Best Wishes Always,
Rene
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rene -

Thanks. I know, sometimes I wonder, what else could we stumble over? But it is of critical importance to remain calm, cheerful and positive. If I can't be positive about this, who can? Sometimes the only things I DO have control over is my own attitude and how I react to the situations that arise. I have observed over the years that, for the most part, people who are positive and upbeat and who don't let others drag them down, are the happiest and most successful folks around. I am not measuring success by material means necessarily, but rather how their relationships with others work out, how happy they are, how others feel about them, etc.

I wish you good fortune.

Richard III

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Richard,

Late to this thread, but congratulations on receiving the visa!! And of course, mistakes will be made - I think the worst that will happen is that it will just delay things a bit more (so what else is new, right??).

I'm having some delays in my case too, come up suddenly, which I'm not happy about but which can't be helped. I guess there are a few of us who just get the worst case scenarios and make the best of them, and as you said, at least other people can learn from them :-)

I truly admire your positive attitude throughout all the problems you've had. Bravo! :-))

Best Wishes Always,
Rene