Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Please advise me for I-751 RFE

Wikiposts

Please advise me for I-751 RFE

Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please advise me for I-751 RFE

Originally Posted by meauxna
That could be the case now.. I was saying (but not very clearly, sorry) about the 'old' method that we had, and kate seemed to, where just the single digit was taken.
OP's dates seem like their application could've been in the same timeframe.
Thanks meauxna. Just out of curiousity, if the old method was to take just the 1-digit print to produce the card, did they not also take 10-digits for the security check? Or is the 10-digit security check part of only the new process?

Rene
Old Jun 18th 2007, 8:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Thanks meauxna. Just out of curiousity, if the old method was to take just the 1-digit print to produce the card, did they not also take 10-digits for the security check? Or is the 10-digit security check part of only the new process?

Rene
P only had a full set + photo for his N-400, Rene. I don't recall that he had a full set taken at the Consulate for his Immigrant Visa.
I suspect that the full set + security check is something relatively new, but I really don't know. They (CIS) don't release a lot of info on the security check system.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

goldy99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Please advise me for I-751 RFE

USCIS changed the Biometrics process for I-751 (Since Feb, 28 2007) in which they will take all fingers print (for background check) + index finger,picture and signature (for greencard). So applicants dont have to send their pictures with the applications anymore. Reason for change is, This new process will enhance security and enable USCIS to provide better customer service. Elimination of the manual processing of Form I-89 will reduce the potential for fraud by electronically verifying the identity of an applicant through his or her unique biometrics(that's what they say).

I have seen some speedy approvals for CSC recently and I have marked that all the approvals (which have taken less than 3 months) had biometrics taken after 28th Feb. So may be this is a good change but who knows.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:18 am
Just Joined

751Inquirer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Thank you for answering my questions so promptly in the past. I am getting anxious about our I-751 application to remove the condition on my wife's greencard, which has not yet been approved or denied.

We filed in June 2006. We responded to a RFE in Feb 2007. We have not heard from them since. No letter from them stating if (or not) the file has been forwarded to the district office. No biometric appointment letter, either. My wife's greencard extension expires in late August.

1) So, what will happen if my wife's greencard extension (as a result of filing I-751) expires in August and we have still not heard anything from them?

2) My wife has filed N-400 (last month) and we still haven't received a NOA. They did cash the check, though.

Thank you for reading my post.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 751Inquirer
1) So, what will happen if my wife's greencard extension (as a result of filing I-751) expires in August and we have still not heard anything from them?
At that time, you can make an Infopass appointment to go in person and get an I-551 stamp in her passport (if she needs it for travel, for example). Otherwise, her card/letter expires, but her status as a PR does not expire.

2) My wife has filed N-400 (last month) and we still haven't received a NOA. They did cash the check, though.
This will eventually force adjudication of the I-751, so you're on the right track, just hang in there.

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:26 am
Just Joined

Thank you, Rene, for your quick reply.

1) If she needs to work after her card expires, will she require the stamp?

2) Is there a way to talk to a representative on that 800 number? Everytime I have tried to, I am unable to get in properly, because the case number for I-751 app does not exist in the system. I understand that it may be normal until they set her up for biometric.

At that time, you can make an Infopass appointment to go in person and get an I-551 stamp in her passport (if she needs it for travel, for example). Otherwise, her card/letter expires, but her status as a PR does not expire.

This will eventually force adjudication of the I-751, so you're on the right track, just hang in there.

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:34 am

1) If she needs to work after her card expires, will she require the stamp?
No, she doesn't need the stamp to continue working, but she might need it to become employed with a new employer.

2) Is there a way to talk to a representative on that 800 number? Everytime I have tried to, I am unable to get in properly, because the case number for I-751 app does not exist in the system. I understand that it may be normal until they set her up for biometric.
Don't bother with the 800 number. We call it the 800 mis-information line. If you need to, just make the Infopass appointment to go in person. You can make that appointment at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Rene,

Thanks so much for answering my questions. This forum has been a relief to me!

No, she doesn't need the stamp to continue working, but she might need it to become employed with a new employer.

Don't bother with the 800 number. We call it the 800 mis-information line. If you need to, just make the Infopass appointment to go in person. You can make that appointment at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

Rene,

Thanks so much for answering my questions. This forum has been a relief to me!
Did you hear anythign yet?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:47 am
Just Joined

My wife received the NOA for her N-400 application late last week. She also received a biometric appointment (for 7/25/07) in regards to her N-400 app.

No news regarding the I-751 app, for which we responded to their RFE in February 2007.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Please advise me for I-751 RFE

My wife received the NOA for her N-400 application late last week. She also received a biometric appointment (for 7/25/07) in regards to her N-400 app.

No news regarding the I-751 app, for which we responded to their RFE in February 2007.
I'll be thinking about and keeping all my fingers crossed for you....you'll be fine!