Reload this Page >

Please advise:How can I surely have my parents in my wedding day in the US

Wikiposts

Please advise:How can I surely have my parents in my wedding day in the US

Old Jan 4th 2002, 9:40 am
Lidy

Hello fellow immigrants, and fellow americans involved in immig. issues,

I guess somebody must have been in the same situation as mine. Here it
is:I have been in the US for 6 yrs when I came as a student, and as a H1B worker, and
then later I married the love of my life (US citizen) last year in June 2001(we
did Justice of peace), which means we are legally married (I also have applied for
AOS. We had a small private party with my husband's parents and my brother. We
want to have a bigger wedding this June 2002, and want to invite my parents for my
special day, however they are from South East Europe (it is none of the slavic
countries though, no former USSR either). As notoriously known it is soooo
difficult for people in Eastern Europe to get tourist visa, even though they may
be seniors or going to their kid's wedding. For one thing I am sure is that my
parent do not want to stay in the US, and they plan to return to their homeland
after my wedding day. Here are my worries:

1- I plan to write a letter to the American Embassy in my country explaining that
this is a wedding invitation for their daughter's wedding, and that they intend to go
back home after that since my father has to return to his workplace, and they own an
appartment in an upscale neighborhood (they will show documentation of the value of
the property). I am also going to show that I make very decent income, and my husband
too. Now, my worry is do I have to explain to them that I am married by law, but I
have not had my wedding reception party yet. I am worried the officials at the
embassy would think I am making this up to get my parents here- which is not true. Do
I have to contact my congressman's office (to tell you the truth I do not want to do
that, but if I have to.., please advise!

2- The other worry is that I have two parents, and having only one of them and not
the other in my special day, it will break my heart( that would be very cruel of the
US embassy to not allow both of them). I do not know what to do about this? I know I
will cry that day if only one parent is present..

3- My next worry is that my parents have only two kids: me and my brother who is a
green card holder, and I am in the process of getting
it: Is the US embassy going to see this fact as a possibility that my parents may
want to stay in the US since both their kids are US residents?

Your advice very much appreciated.
Lidy.

Old Jan 4th 2002, 2:29 pm
Onigiri

http://my.webcamnow.com/reg3/index.php4 Create your own live webcam for the event.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 5th 2002, 12:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Onigiri
http://my.webcamnow.com/reg3/index.php4 Create your own live webcam for the event.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
I'd think twice about telling the embassy that you and your husband make a good income as that is likely to make them think that your parents ARE going to stay in the US.