please advice interview soon

Wikiposts

please advice interview soon

Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

donnyjoseph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please advice interview soon

hi,

my interview is comming near it is on july 11th.

can any one give me tips of what questions to be prepared before the interview

thanks
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:34 pm
Herbert Barth

Default Re: please advice interview soon

Well, the only advice I can give you when you have your appointment, say the
truth to all questions asked. One lie will cause a denial of your
application. Remember, your interview will be video monitored and all you
say they keep for later reference. Good luck !

===================================
"donnyjoseph" <member19419@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > hi,
    > my interview is comming near it is on july 11th.
    > can any one give me tips of what questions to be prepared before
    > the interview
    > thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:45 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by donnyjoseph
hi,

thanks

I agree with Herbert... just tell the truth! from what I've read on here about the AOS interview, the questions are pretty straight fwd and easy enough to answer just as long as u honest!
why don't u go to this link: http://www.kamya.com/interview/ there u can read about other people's AOS interview experience.
good luck
~Sean~
Old Jun 29th 2005, 2:22 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Herbert - any progress on your situation since your posting?

Carl.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnyjoseph
hi,

thanks
Hi Donny,

If you do a search on this forum, using the words "AOS Interview Questions" I'm sure you'll find lots of other posts regarding that topic.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:05 am
Eric S.

I don't think you can say the interivew will be videotaped. It might be.
Ours was not.

- Eric S.

"Herbert Barth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well, the only advice I can give you when you have your appointment, say
the
    > truth to all questions asked. One lie will cause a denial of your
    > application. Remember, your interview will be video monitored and all you
    > say they keep for later reference. Good luck !
    > ===================================
    > "donnyjoseph" <member19419@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected] m...
    > >
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > my interview is comming near it is on july 11th.
    > >
    > > can any one give me tips of what questions to be prepared before
    > > the interview
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >

Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:44 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Ours wasnt videotaped.. it was all done in about 20 minutes.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarlM
Ours wasnt videotaped.. it was all done in about 20 minutes.
Ours as well.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herbert Barth
One lie will cause a denial of your application.
Perhaps, but not necessarily.

Remember, your interview will be video monitored and all you say they keep for later reference.
In 7+ years dealing with USCIS, I have never heard of anyone having their interview videotaped. The form says it will be, but it isn't. I also seriously doubt that the tapes (if there are any) are kept for later reference... USCIS doesn't have the space or people resources necessary to do that.

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:16 am
Peter Tobias

Herbert Barth:
    > say the
    > truth to all questions asked.

Good advice.

> Remember, your interview will be video monitored and all you
    > say they keep for later reference.

Most of the interviews are not videotaped. I read once, however, that
the USCIS has to videotape an interview if they want to use it as the
base for denial. If they think after an untaped interview that you
don't deserve the benefit you asked for, they can let you come again to
a videotaped interview.

Regards,

Peter

Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:27 pm
strangely floppy..

A colleague of mine was interviewed on Videotape.. Of course they forgot to file the 130 with the 485 and they were denied within 30 seconds of arriving! (Thats customer service for you!!)
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:10 am
Brenda Ballard

hi
tell the truth.....and answer only the questions they ask you.....be
precise and to the point
our interview in Memphis lasted about 20 minutes and we were scared to
death.....but the man who interviewed us was so nice....and he was
laughting and cutting up with us... I could not have asked for a nicer
immigration officer....you have the same problems we did
you hear alot of bad things but really they are just human too and they
have a job to do just like you go to work each morning.
you will be fine.....think positive

brenda/harold

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Perhaps, but not necessarily.

In 7+ years dealing with USCIS, I have never heard of anyone having their interview videotaped. The form says it will be, but it isn't. I also seriously doubt that the tapes (if there are any) are kept for later reference... USCIS doesn't have the space or people resources necessary to do that.

Ian
I think the experiences posted to this group are getting a little thin on the ground. This made me curious, so I did a little searching ...
Now, admitedly, some of these are Consular experiences, some may have never happened or there was a misunderstanding, but it's not like it never happens.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...ic=39583&st=15
"Yes, our interview was videotaped, actually it stated on the door that all the interviews are videotaped."

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=videotaped
I thought you'd accepted that Alvena had a Stokes interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...&hl=videotaped
"Hi everybody OK, here is what happened:
3 days ago I had my AOS interview. The interview was videotaped"

"The interview was conducted in this woman's office. Apparently it was videotaped (we were asked to swear to tell the truth, and the woman gave her name as if there was a recording device somewhere) but we couldn't see a camera or anything."

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...ideotaped&st=0
"every interview I have ever had with US immigration there has been a video camera, and there are notices posted on all the walls that they interview will be taped. Both at Toronto airport when I was denied entry and later applied for a work visa, and then again at the consulate when I went for my K3 interview."

Oh, this was just interesting that the 2 Stokes interviews mentioned are not scheduled until 2006.. ouch!

"We were video taped 5 years ago in Manila. No different than going into a 7-11."

And then I gave up to go for more coffee
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I think the experiences posted to this group are getting a little thin on the ground. This made me curious, so I did a little searching ...
I don't read VisaJourney, so I've still never heard of interviews being videotaped! Hmmm... I did forget about Alvena! Okay... let me rephrase then: in my experience, a videotaped interview happens so infrequently that it's virtually never done!

Ian
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

I think they have a pretty good idea going in who they are going to videotape and who they aren't. No videotape for us. In fact no presentation of any documentary evidence whatsoever. It still strikes me as strange that my wife got her both her K-3 and AOS (CR-6) without anyone seeing anything other than our marriage certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.