Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Playing the waiting game again..

Wikiposts

Playing the waiting game again..

Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing the waiting game again..

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I Have the copy of the money order.
Yep, if you have the copy of the money order, you contact the company (i.e. Western Union) and give them the money order number. They will then send you a photocopy of the cashed money order.

If you used Western Union, on the back of the stub that you keep, you can see that there is some writing that tells you how to go about getting a copy and tracking your money order. You can use the tracking to find out if the money order has been cashed or not. When we got our photocopy though, there was absolutely nothing legible printed on it. We could see what looked like potential numbers here and there, but nothing that resembled a 3 letters and 10 numbers.

If we're trying to watch processing dates, do we go by the dates issued by the Louisville office, or the dates given by the NBC? Is the NBC the same thing as Chicago? The lady specifically mentioned Chicago to us. Or did she maybe mean that they send all applications to the Chicago address used for the NBC (isn't the NBC in Missouri?).

Thanks!
Jamie
Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Yep, if you have the copy of the money order, you contact the company (i.e. Western Union) and give them the money order number. They will then send you a photocopy of the cashed money order.

If you used Western Union, on the back of the stub that you keep, you can see that there is some writing that tells you how to go about getting a copy and tracking your money order. You can use the tracking to find out if the money order has been cashed or not. When we got our photocopy though, there was absolutely nothing legible printed on it. We could see what looked like potential numbers here and there, but nothing that resembled a 3 letters and 10 numbers.

If we're trying to watch processing dates, do we go by the dates issued by the Louisville office, or the dates given by the NBC? Is the NBC the same thing as Chicago? The lady specifically mentioned Chicago to us. Or did she maybe mean that they send all applications to the Chicago address used for the NBC (isn't the NBC in Missouri?).

Thanks!
Jamie
You go by the processing dates for Louisville.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kariml
Thanks Kari! What really sucks is that they told us that it is taking around 90 days for an EAD! Esp cuz your hubby got his in just 2 weeks last Sept.! I hope we can somehow be as lucky!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Kari! What really sucks is that they told us that it is taking around 90 days for an EAD! Esp cuz your hubby got his in just 2 weeks last Sept.! I hope we can somehow be as lucky!
2 weeks wow!!! I wish! Thankssunflwrgrl and Ipdiver xxx
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh, that sucks. I just looked at their processing times for EADs and they working on cases filed March 25, 2004. So that's about right. Did they make an appointment already?
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby's stuff was forwarded to the NBC as well, aka MSC (Missouri) and aka Chicago. I was told that we go by the NBC's processing times for the AP and EAD, but by the local office times for AOS. The NBC says that they are working on apps. from December, but from posts here and on VJ it seems that they're between 2-3 months behind for EADs, sometimes more (but then you can get the interim EAD anyway if it's longer).

Jamie, what happened with ours is that it took about 3 weeks to get the NOAs from the NBC, but they gave us the day we brought the forms to the local office as the received date. So this is at least a bit better as you can get the interim EAD 91 days from the received date.

Originally posted by kariml
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by buffalo24
My hubby's stuff was forwarded to the NBC as well, aka MSC (Missouri) and aka Chicago. I was told that we go by the NBC's processing times for the AP and EAD, but by the local office times for AOS. The NBC says that they are working on apps. from December, but from posts here and on VJ it seems that they're between 2-3 months behind for EADs, sometimes more (but then you can get the interim EAD anyway if it's longer).

Jamie, what happened with ours is that it took about 3 weeks to get the NOAs from the NBC, but they gave us the day we brought the forms to the local office as the received date. So this is at least a bit better as you can get the interim EAD 91 days from the received date.
Ahhhh...hmmm..well, when has this whole process ever been consistent? <sigh> That's just way too much to hope for. Buffalo, thanks for sharing that info about the receipt date. That's good to know that they will (hopefully) backdate it.

Really wish you hadn't shared the tidbit about using the NBC times though - I really don't want to go by those processing times. But hopefully they are only about 2-3 months behind and not 6 like their site says. My husband is in IT and he's very concerned about his length of time out of the job market since IT changes so very quickly - it's been 2 months as it is.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, it's awful - my husband is in a specialized field as well; he's in CNC. Anyway, I also think that you will get your NOA faster than 90 days - I've heard of people waiting for 3-6 weeks, but not 90 days. You never know though!

Ahhhh...hmmm..well, when has this whole process ever been consistent? <sigh> That's just way too much to hope for. Buffalo, thanks for sharing that info about the receipt date. That's good to know that they will (hopefully) backdate it.

Really wish you hadn't shared the tidbit about using the NBC times though - I really don't want to go by those processing times. But hopefully they are only about 2-3 months behind and not 6 like their site says. My husband is in IT and he's very concerned about his length of time out of the job market since IT changes so very quickly - it's been 2 months as it is.