Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

PLANS for the protest next friday (3/14/03)

Wikiposts

PLANS for the protest next friday (3/14/03)

Old Mar 7th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLANS for the protest next friday (3/14/03)

Looks like I will be doing a lot of the preliminary organization, and Steve in Austin will be helping as he can (b/c he is out of town this weekend). So my plans are to draft a TON of press releases and get them all ready to be sent out. I will then notify the TSC via fax and letter, to contact us if they wish to resolve our concerns without a protest. I truly do not wish to protest but we will go if they don’t want to listen to us. I feel like I am talking to air around them.

I will state that they can try and resolve this via a phone call Monday to me at which time I will ask series of specific questions which many of you may want to help me draft. If they don’t respond to me, or if they do not make us as a group feel like they truly even care about us, then we will amass a very large protest on Friday.

I will then, if they don’t respond to us, send the press releases out on Tuesday to every news media and political office in the Dallas area, as well as ALL national media. I will also invite all local congress and senatorial representatives to come witness us and or call us to discuss this. I will also in my press releases document all previous protests. I will send previous press releases as attachments to all government and press sources. Then on Friday we will be there to demonstrate or dissatisfaction at the lack of their help.

I should state that this trip will cost me a fortune in time and money, but I no longer care--as many of you before me didn’t when you went. I truly want action to take place. They can completely avoid this by calling us on Monday after we fax them, and if they satisfy our group as a whole, I will recommend, only then if appropriate, that we not go protest Friday. Until that happens, I will plan for a major event on Friday. ANY help is appreciated, and any volunteers are welcome.

Stephen Michael Palik
src-03-041-51804

cell#352-246-6666
email: [email protected]
Old Mar 7th 2003, 1:05 pm
Srzia27

Default Re: PLANS for the protest next friday (3/14/03)

As an I-129F petitioner, through the Texas Service Center, I thank you for your
efforts. My main reason for wanting to petition is simply this: If the service
center knew it was coming upon a situation where applications were not going to
be processed within 90 days, then why not change the receipt notice letters, or
put a post on the website? Is it that hard? As of today, i have waited, and
waited and waited on hold at the TSC for nothing, only to listen to the
automated system tell me "it is taking between 60 and 90 days". Just give us
some info, TSC! Many people may have, as I and my fiancee did, make decisions
based on searching those "personal experience" webpages, where we found many
who, as late as early-mid 2002, had been approved in less than 50 days. One
of the forms my fiancee has to file at the London Embassy asks for a wedding
date. Even if you factor in the fact that the K-1 is good for 6 months, you