Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Planning my trip - advise pls....

Planning my trip - advise pls....

Old Oct 14th 2002, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning my trip - advise pls....

Hi

I am planning a trip from england to see my fiancee in NC over the next couple of months. By this point we should have received our 2nd NOA for I-129F for K-1. I know the risks of visiting while in process and to take plenty of evidence to show I will return to UK. My questions are as follows:

1) does it make it any harder/easier to enter the country once I have sent packet 3 back to the embassy and even have an interview date? My thought was that if you are that far through the process you are unlikely to jepordise it by staying on a visa waiver?.....just a thought....

I hear you saying...why not wait and go out on K-1......?
-Work commitments mean I will have to wait a few months after getting the visa before travelling and we have wedding plans to sort out while I am visiting.

2) Does it make a difference on this kind of visit whether you enter into the US at a large hub like Atlanta or a smaller airport that has less international flights each day? - are they less likely to give me hassle?

I know there are no real answers to these questions...I just want experiences or opinions as to MINIMIZE hassle and risk of being turned away.

Thanks for the help everyone,

Pete
Old Oct 14th 2002, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

foolish501 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planning my trip - advise pls....

Pete, when it comes to where you fly into, it's the luck of the draw really. I had major grief with MSP when i flew over last year, threatened to send me back on the plane i had come on, it was only when they realised that the plane i had flown on had come from Iceland (not the UK), that they scrapped that idea.

You would think that the bigger airports would be used to these things, but not always the case.
Old Oct 15th 2002, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planning my trip - advise pls....

Originally posted by foolish501:
Pete, when it comes to where you fly into, it's the luck of the draw really. I had major grief with MSP when i flew over last year, threatened to send me back on the plane i had come on, it was only when they realised that the plane i had flown on had come from Iceland (not the UK), that they scrapped that idea.

You would think that the bigger airports would be used to these things, but not always the case.
At which point of the visa process were you at and which visa were you applying for??

Anyone else have any comments/experiences?

Pete