Reload this Page >

Photos were asked for at interview

Photos were asked for at interview

Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

GrappleGoddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photos were asked for at interview

Hi All

I have my interview this Friday, one of my forum buddies had theirs today and got asked if they had any photos with them of the couple together. Luckily they did, they then got asked a lot of questions regarding the people in the photos.

Whilst it has always been maintained throughout various forums proof of relationship is not required, it may be beneficial, if not just for peace of mind to have some prepared
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:54 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos were asked for at interview

Originally Posted by GrappleGoddess
Hi All

I have my interview this Friday, one of my forum buddies had theirs today and got asked if they had any photos with them of the couple together. Luckily they did, they then got asked a lot of questions regarding the people in the photos.

Whilst it has always been maintained throughout various forums proof of relationship is not required, it may be beneficial, if not just for peace of mind to have some prepared
Interview for what? Where are you in the process?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry... K1 Visa.

My interview is on Friday.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:01 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrappleGoddess
Sorry... K1 Visa.

My interview is on Friday.
Your friends went in together for their interview? I did not know that was an option. I suppose I did not enquire as it would not have been possible for us at that time anyway. Or am I reading too much in to 'they'

Goog luck with your interview.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 25th 2012 at 3:04 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

We've been married nearly 10 years - we did our K1 way back in 2002 and I went with my fiance (now husband) for the interview.

For as long as I can remember, that's been an option. I dont know if it's dependent on the country but everyone I know who has done a fiancee visa, has been able to go to the interview together.

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Your friends went in together for their interview? I did not know that was an option. I suppose I did not enquire as it would not have been possible for us at that time anyway. Or am I reading too much in to 'they'

Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
We've been married nearly 10 years - we did our K1 way back in 2002 and I went with my fiance (now husband) for the interview.

For as long as I can remember, that's been an option. I dont know if it's dependent on the country but everyone I know who has done a fiancee visa, has been able to go to the interview together.
Back in 2004, I was able to attend my foreign fiance's K-1 interview in Turkey. The ConOff there also asked to see photos of us together.

Just a funny side story...we had photos of us together from when we first met in 1997, then some photos from 2001 when we met again, and then 2003 from our engagement party. The ConOff and the Turkish translator were both looking at the photos...when they got to the one from 1997, they said Ohhhhh wowww, look how young you both look in this photo!! I said "I know!! See what the immigration process does to you?? It ages you!!" LOL They got a chuckle out of that.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kimilseung

Thank you

I was approved -and not asked for photos
Old Jul 28th 2012, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

Congratulations! I remember when I went for my k1 interview, my bag of evidence weighed nearly 5kgs!! I was not asked to produce any of it.
However, they did make up for their lack of interest at my AOS interview.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I really wanted to be asked for photos etc - i wanted to show them off!!!! I wasnt asked tho and was disappointed