Wikiposts

Photos

Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photos

OK, I am totally sorry for the continuous questions..but I am trying to repair a truck load of damage..so thanks for you patience and help.

In the form instructions, unless I am missing something, I see only one instruction about photos..and that refers to attaching a photo of myself and my wife to her I-130. It does not mention photos for children.

So..my question is...

what photos do I attach to what forms. We took a pile of them in Florida. I think there are 6 of me, four of each of the girls and four of my wife.

I am filing 3 I-130's (spouse and 2 daughters)
3 I-485's same
3 affidavits of support (I assume no photos for these)
The required G-325A's (I assume no photos for these either)
1 I-765 for my wife

So...what gets photos? And I assume I just clip them to the appropriate forms.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos

Here's how I handled submitting the photos. I put the required photos in a sandwich-sized clear ziplock baggie, and clipped the baggie to the appropriate form.

I have an idea for you to consider. It's only natural that you have questions, and that's fine. But when your whole AOS package is done, it might be a good idea to make a 1-time appointment with a different immigration lawyer, just to have him go through it with you, page by page, to see if you've missed anything or filled out any info incorrectly. As you can see, you can get a variety of answers here on the forum. It's best to take the end result to an experienced attorney for a final walk-through.

Also, don't forget that even if you did forget something, or didn't include something you were supposed to, your applications won't be rejected outright. You'll receive an RFE from USCIS so that you can submit any additional information they require.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Here's how I handled submitting the photos. I put the required photos in a sandwich-sized clear ziplock baggie, and clipped the baggie to the appropriate form.

I have an idea for you to consider. It's only natural that you have questions, and that's fine. But when your whole AOS package is done, it might be a good idea to make a 1-time appointment with a different immigration lawyer, just to have him go through it with you, page by page, to see if you've missed anything or filled out any info incorrectly. As you can see, you can get a variety of answers here on the forum. It's best to take the end result to an experienced attorney for a final walk-through.

Also, don't forget that even if you did forget something, or didn't include something you were supposed to, your applications won't be rejected outright. You'll receive an RFE from USCIS so that you can submit any additional information they require.

Best Wishes,
Rene
aHHH THANKS much. You are always there with kind answers. As for the one time visit to an Immigration Attorney, I'm in Canada, so not easy. Might find one 3 hours away in Toronto who would know, but not sure of it.
I had hoped that they would advise of any missing info, and that's reassuring.

But I still don't know how many photos or which forms they go with. lol

Maybe I'll just attach them to all the I-130s and the I-485s and my wifes I-765. That should cover it I hope. One of me and the beneficiary on the I-130's, and the same for the I-485's. And one of my wife on her I-765.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:03 pm
Nilda

I-485 2 photos
I-765 2 photos
I-130 1 photo of husband and one photo of wife

All photos must be identical and no more than 30 days old upon filing.

You can try to visit http//www.travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotos/index.html for more info.

This are what I remnembered with what I did with mine and yes I use paper clips.

Goodluck