To photo copy of not?

Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:21 am
Just Joined

himmelstoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To photo copy of not?

One quick question, the papers don't really specifically state if a photocopy is acceptable or not, but I thought I would check:

When sending in your papers to the Embassy, (finishing the K1 Visa) Can my fiance send in a photo copy of his birth certificate and Army discharge papers, and bring the originals with him when he goes to his interview? I don't want his interview scheduling to be delayed because he sent in copies and not originals. He is stating in his cover letter that he will be bringing the original documents to the interview, I thought that would be sufficiant, but I really want him to get his interview scheduled and since they schedule it for him, I don't want to delay that process.

Any thoughts suggestions as always greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

~Kate
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To photo copy of not?

Originally Posted by himmelstoss
One quick question, the papers don't really specifically state if a photocopy is acceptable or not, but I thought I would check:

When sending in your papers to the Embassy, (finishing the K1 Visa) Can my fiance send in a photo copy of his birth certificate and Army discharge papers, and bring the originals with him when he goes to his interview? I don't want his interview scheduling to be delayed because he sent in copies and not originals. He is stating in his cover letter that he will be bringing the original documents to the interview, I thought that would be sufficiant, but I really want him to get his interview scheduled and since they schedule it for him, I don't want to delay that process.

Thanks

~Kate
In my opinion, always send photocopies, and bring the original in person. Originals could get lost in the mail and then you'd be stuck.

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by himmelstoss

Thanks

~Kate
Are you sure the checklist says to send in copies or originals of *anything* right now (visa documents?).
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:02 am
Just Joined

himmelstoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Are you sure the checklist says to send in copies or originals of *anything* right now (visa documents?).
Yes they told him to send in the passport photos, his birth certificate, army discharge papers and police clearance certificate so that they can schedule his interview.

He is bringing to the interview all the originals along with his DS forms and my I-134 and relationship evidence.