Philly AOS

Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jancunuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Philly AOS

Four years and 1 week after getting married - I have been approved!

Our delay was because my husband was an LPR and we had to wait for his citizenship to come through before filing my AOS last Dec. Both of us are Canadians by birth.

The interview was painless - we were asked how we met (20 years ago in Canada) and we needed to produce 2004 tax filing, health cards, joint bank statment, medical and house deed. I had tons of other things which were not requested. No mention on my adjustment from visitor status. The officer (Foley) was professional, asked only the pertinent questions - no idle conversation. This gentleman was a senior officer and we were interrupted a few times by more junior officers asking him questions.

He said we were approved. I asked for the passport stamp and he said it was not normally done but were we planning any immediate travel. We responded no but both of us have elderly moms in Canada and you never know - he stamped my passport.

Since the approval - I have received a flood of e-mails.
June 29 - 8 identical e-mails saying application 130 approved
June 30 - 14 identical e-mails sating app'l 485 approved and new card will be mailed within 3 weeks
July 7 - another 8 identical e-mails saying 485 approved and an approval letter was mailed (since I already received the welcome notice - I wonder what this is?)

Wow - 30 e-mails so far - I am feeling VERY approved

I also have received hard copy of the 130 approval and my welcome letter for the 485. These arrived on July 5. No actual card as yet but I expect to see it shortly.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:35 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Philly AOS

[Wow - 30 e-mails so far - I am feeling VERY approved ]

I feel ripped off, i just had a measly 3 welcome letters!
Old Jul 8th 2005, 3:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philly AOS

Congratulations!!! Well deserved after such a long wait!

Rene
Old Jul 8th 2005, 3:50 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jancunuck
Four years and 1 week after getting married - I have been approved!

Our delay was because my husband was an LPR and we had to wait for his citizenship to come through before filing my AOS last Dec. Both of us are Canadians by birth.

The interview was painless - we were asked how we met (20 years ago in Canada) and we needed to produce 2004 tax filing, health cards, joint bank statment, medical and house deed. I had tons of other things which were not requested. No mention on my adjustment from visitor status. The officer (Foley) was professional, asked only the pertinent questions - no idle conversation. This gentleman was a senior officer and we were interrupted a few times by more junior officers asking him questions.

He said we were approved. I asked for the passport stamp and he said it was not normally done but were we planning any immediate travel. We responded no but both of us have elderly moms in Canada and you never know - he stamped my passport.

Since the approval - I have received a flood of e-mails.
June 29 - 8 identical e-mails saying application 130 approved
June 30 - 14 identical e-mails sating app'l 485 approved and new card will be mailed within 3 weeks
July 7 - another 8 identical e-mails saying 485 approved and an approval letter was mailed (since I already received the welcome notice - I wonder what this is?)

Wow - 30 e-mails so far - I am feeling VERY approved

I also have received hard copy of the 130 approval and my welcome letter for the 485. These arrived on July 5. No actual card as yet but I expect to see it shortly.
Congrats on your approval bet thats a wonderful feeling huh?
Had to laugh when I read about all the multiple emails you got re approvals etc. I recently got 11 identical emails saying my fingerprints has been cleared & case was now progressing again. Wonder why they sent so many the same huh?
Old Jul 8th 2005, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jancunuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shepslady
Had to laugh when I read about all the multiple emails you got re approvals etc. I recently got 11 identical emails saying my fingerprints has been cleared & case was now progressing again. Wonder why they sent so many the same huh?
My guess is that a very old, very jittery clerk is processing my case and keeps hitting that enter key with a shakey finger.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Philly AOS

Congratulations = thats great news