Wikiposts

Personal letter

Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Mike D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Personal letter

I129-F - Done
G325 - A - done mine, just waiting for Jacky to finish

Personal letter - handwritten or typed? what would be better? does it have to be a detailed letter, or is just a case of saying where we met, how long we've been together, and that we intend to marry in 90 days should the visa be granted?

Many thanks

Michael
Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal letter

Originally posted by Mike D
I129-F - Done

Personal letter - handwritten or typed? what would be better? does it have to be a detailed letter, or is just a case of saying where we met, how long we've been together, and that we intend to marry in 90 days should the visa be granted?

Many thanks

Michael
Hi Michael,
I can only tell you what we wrote for ours. We handwrote them (which means my fiance's needed to be translated). They were about 1/2 page long, with a brief mention of how we met, how many times we met, and why we want to get married in the states as opposed to his country. We did not mention the 90-day requirement in our statements, and they got approved with no problem. But I've heard other's mention it in theirs, and it seems to me now to be a good idea.
Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:11 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I129-F - Done

Many thanks

Michael
Hi Mike,
Are you referring to the question regarding the circumstances under which you met, the statement of intent to marry, or a possible cover letter that you're sending with your packet?

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (waiting on interview date now! tick tick tick)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Not a cover letter, just a letter regarding the circumstances under which you met and a statement of our intent to marry. Can we not incorporate the 2 into one letter?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:44 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Not a cover letter, just a letter regarding the circumstances under which you met and a statement of our intent to marry. Can we not incorporate the 2 into one letter?
Hi again!
I can tell you what we did. When we got to that question on the form, we wrote in "see attached sheet" and then attached a detailed description of the circumstances under which we came to know one another, and a list of the visits with dates, descriptions of where we were, and referred to corresponding evidence such as boarding passes, etc.

We included separate letters of intent to marry, one done by me, one done by him that stated we intended to marry (this person) within 90 days of his arrival after being issued a K1 Visa by interview in London. He wrote the same, but changed the letter to make sense. We were approved by Nebraska on 11/26 after 181 days.

Hope this helps! (Oh, and all of it was typed, but signed with blue pen---Matt Udall suggests that as a way to show that it's an original signature. press hard to make a mark. )

~SG

P.S. we also included a separate cover letter on the top which listed all the contents of our packet.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:48 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Yes, you can put the two together. That is what we did. There is an example of what we did in the "files" section of our Yahoo!Group. If you join (or maybe you already are a member) you can access it.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_us_couples/

Cheers!

thing1
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:14 am
Just Joined

[Thanks for that link, it's a very helpful site indeed.

What is meant by

"1 - FC-029 Statement on Photocopies"

Anyone know?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:16 am
The Missus

[Thanks for that link, it's a very helpful site indeed.

What is meant by

"1 - FC-029 Statement on Photocopies"

Anyone know?
obsolete form, you don't need it, no worries!

~SG
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:45 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally posted by SecretGarden
obsolete form, you don't need it, no worries!

~SG
True, but we elected to include it anyway. We thought it certainly couldn't hurt. We were completely paranoid and tried to cover all our bases to avoid delays and RFEs.

As it turns out, we could easily have gotten an RFE for putting N/A where we should have put NONE on the I-129F when it asks about spouses.

Doh!

Thankfully we slipped by and were approved despite our error.

thing1
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:51 am
The Missus

Originally posted by thing1
True, but we elected to include it anyway. We thought it certainly couldn't hurt. We were completely paranoid and tried to cover all our bases to avoid delays and RFEs.

We included it too........(embarassed for the level of anal retentiveness, but hey! it worked!)

You don't need it though. Folinsky will attest to this.

~SG