Permament residency interview in July. Have few questions

Wikiposts

Permament residency interview in July. Have few questions

Old May 29th 2006, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permament residency interview in July. Have few questions

Hi everyone!
Finally i have a date for my green card interview-July 22nd.
USCIS sent me an appointment letter with a checklist of things i need to bring. I have few questions about it.
Here's what letter says:
You must bring with you:
1)This interview notice and your Government issued photo id(i guess i could bring my state ID)
2) A completed medical examination (I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope, unless already submitted. (Since i already submitted it with my application for adjustment of status i believe i dont need it again, right?)
3)A completed affidavit of support with all required evidence, including federal income tax returns, letters from employer etc.( i also submitted it with my application for adjustment of status i dont need it either, correct?)
4) All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent resident status( I DONT KNOW HERE WHAT IT MEANS, WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENTS I MUST PRESENT?)
5) Any immigration related documentation ever issued to you, including EAD and Advance Parole( DO I HAVE TO BRING ALSO COPIES OF ALL MY IMMIGRATION RELATED APPLICATIONS AND USCIS LETTERS AND CORRESPONDENCE?)
6) Original and copy of of each supporting document that you submitted with your application( LIKE WHAT DOCUMENTS THEY NEED HERE? WHAT APPLICATION-ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS ONE?)

Hope u can help me figure out what i need to bring with me.
Thanks
Old May 29th 2006, 11:42 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permament residency interview in July. Have few questions

Originally Posted by Americanwife
You must bring with you:
1)This interview notice and your Government issued photo id(i guess i could bring my state ID)
Your spouse must also bring a government-issued photo ID -- drivers license, passport, etc.

2) A completed medical examination (I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope, unless already submitted. (Since i already submitted it with my application for adjustment of status i believe i dont need it again, right?)
Right.

3)A completed affidavit of support with all required evidence, including federal income tax returns, letters from employer etc.( i also submitted it with my application for adjustment of status i dont need it either, correct?)
Correct, UNLESS your circumstances have changed (ie, you no longer meet the minimum income requirements and have a co-sponsor, etc).

4) All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent resident status( I DONT KNOW HERE WHAT IT MEANS, WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENTS I MUST PRESENT?)
Your passport which includes your visa, etc., should suffice.

5) Any immigration related documentation ever issued to you, including EAD and Advance Parole( DO I HAVE TO BRING ALSO COPIES OF ALL MY IMMIGRATION RELATED APPLICATIONS AND USCIS LETTERS AND CORRESPONDENCE?)
Did you get a visa? If so, bring it. Did you get an EAD card? If so, bring it. Did you get AP? If so, bring that, too.

6) Original and copy of of each supporting document that you submitted with your application( LIKE WHAT DOCUMENTS THEY NEED HERE? WHAT APPLICATION-ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS ONE?)
Yes, your adjustment of status application. Do just as they instruct: Bring an original and a copy of each supporting documentation you submitted when you filed for AOS. Joint bank statements, joint insurance policies, joint tax returns, photos of the two of you together, etc. What you bring depends on what you initially sent in with your application.

~ Jenney
Old May 29th 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot
Old May 29th 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Forgot to ask, after i applied for AOS i found a job and i am working as a nurse. Do I have to bring letters and paychecks or only my spouse/sponsor have? Is MY OWN income relevant?
Also, we dont have any wedding pictures, since we didnt have a ceremony, just went to a courthouse. Hopefully they wont make any problems about that
Old May 29th 2006, 12:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to ask, after i applied for AOS i found a job and i am working as a nurse. Do I have to bring letters and paychecks or only my spouse/sponsor have? Is MY OWN income relevant?
Also, we dont have any wedding pictures, since we didnt have a ceremony, just went to a courthouse. Hopefully they wont make any problems about that
Hi AW,

Congratulations on the interview date! Sometimes the officer does ask to see the immigrant's employment information, but if you don't have it, it shouldn't be a problem either.

We also did not have any wedding pictures, and it wasn't a problem. In fact, even though I brought pictures of my husband and I together, she didn't ask to see them (I was sort of disappointed, I was looking forward to showing them...lol).

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 29th 2006, 1:11 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that as long as you have been employed for 6 months or more you can use your own income in support of your spouse/sponsor. Regarding your Q4, if you are adjusting on the basis of marriage to a USC you should bring marriage cert, certs for previous divorces/deaths of spouse if relevant. But that is covered in the answer to Q6 anyway...