Reload this Page >

To past and present I-601ers:

Wikiposts

To past and present I-601ers:

Old Dec 8th 2003, 2:05 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To past and present I-601ers:

I'm curious...will Steven get a receipt that his application has been received. You know, something similiar to a NOA1? We know that Montreal received it on 11/24 because he has the Fed-Ex receipt but should we expect an official receipt which would notify us that they're starting to process it?
Thanks to the advanced "Case Status Update" page, I can check the National Benefits Center link to see what dates they're processing now, but they only change it once a month
I still check it every day though (gawd I'm pathetic, heheh)
Thanks, in advance, for your input.
Clare
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:36 am
The Survivors!!

Default Re: To past and present I-601ers:

Bump!!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:44 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

sadly, I dont know the answer as we haven't filed yet.. what date are they working on now?

we have hired a lawyer to help us out. we had all our ducks in a row but didnt want to take any chances. not sure if we are being taken to the cleaners but given what noorah said she handed over, I guess 4 bills isnt too bad??? one wonders since all they do is slap their own cover letter on top of everything we already have. but, to wonder if it would have made a difference is probably worse then being out a few bucks, at the end of the day.
he's already made a few suggestions as well as sent me a revised letter to include, which I will sign.

something you may find of interest.. lawyer said that the file goes to montreal, is forwarded to the INS at Dorval airport.. I guess they have a dept right there, so it never leaves the province. Lawyer has called INS and says our case should succeed if prepared properly.. (ya ya we'll see) not sure how it is he gets this info, should I doubt it?
Old Dec 9th 2003, 2:58 pm
The Survivors!!

I was told the case goes to Buffalo after it leaves Montreal. Where's Dorval airport? In Montreal you say? Hmm ....they did say it was near an airport. They're processing Oct 27th applications right now, so we have a bit of a wait. At least it's not a YEAR!!
Clare
4 thousand? Yikes, that's not too bad, but its money we didnt have

Originally posted by souls canuck
sadly, I dont know the answer as we haven't filed yet.. what date are they working on now?

we have hired a lawyer to help us out. we had all our ducks in a row but didnt want to take any chances. not sure if we are being taken to the cleaners but given what noorah said she handed over, I guess 4 bills isnt too bad??? one wonders since all they do is slap their own cover letter on top of everything we already have. but, to wonder if it would have made a difference is probably worse then being out a few bucks, at the end of the day.
he's already made a few suggestions as well as sent me a revised letter to include, which I will sign.

something you may find of interest.. lawyer said that the file goes to montreal, is forwarded to the INS at Dorval airport.. I guess they have a dept right there, so it never leaves the province. Lawyer has called INS and says our case should succeed if prepared properly.. (ya ya we'll see) not sure how it is he gets this info, should I doubt it?
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

mrs nashua is an unknown quantity at this point

[hi clare, i faxed the embassy on monday to ask how long they think we will be able to know the decision for our i 601 and as for now they have not reply me back i guess we have to wait and see maybe they will reply the end of this week, i also have a question maybe you will be able to help me. how can i find out the month they are processing the waivers the only thing they give me is receipt of payment which has receipt NO. thanks alot and GOOD LUCK !!!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 10:39 pm
The Survivors!!

Check out the home page of the uscis.gov site. Click on "processing dates" in the right margin and then choose "National Benefits Center". A window pops up and you'll see the I-601 there with the processing date.
So you DID receive a receipt when you sent in your 601 application? How long has it been so far? Can you post your timeline? Thanks
Clare

Originally posted by mrs nashua
[hi clare, i faxed the embassy on monday to ask how long they think we will be able to know the decision for our i 601 and as for now they have not reply me back i guess we have to wait and see maybe they will reply the end of this week, i also have a question maybe you will be able to help me. how can i find out the month they are processing the waivers the only thing they give me is receipt of payment which has receipt NO. thanks alot and GOOD LUCK !!!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:09 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

poop, not real happy about it being what? another 3 months! ?bleck

dorval airport is in montreal

and it was 400 not 4000 dollars to the lawyer (so far)
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:41 am
The Survivors!!

Four Hundred?? OMG, that's great!! You're very lucky to have found a lawyer to even LOOK at your case for that IMHO
The extra three months will be well worth the wait if the waiver is approved. If it's not, it will be more wasted time before we can reapply and wait again

Originally posted by souls canuck
poop, not real happy about it being what? another 3 months! ?bleck

dorval airport is in montreal

and it was 400 not 4000 dollars to the lawyer (so far)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

mrs nashua is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone, i got reply back from embassy and this what they wrote. REGRETTABLY,AS OF THIS MORNING,WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED REPONSE ON YOUR WAIVER APPLICATION WE ASSURE YOU THAT WE WILL NOTIFY YOU AS SOON AS THE REPONSE IS IN. i guess the wait continue am worried sick and nervous than ever. TO CLARE we started our journey nov last year i needed a waiver due to overstay my visa we applied the waiver on sep 19 was told it will be two months to reach the decision it will be three months soon and no decision as for now. GOOD LUCK !!!!