Reload this Page >

parents denied visa for wedding

Wikiposts

parents denied visa for wedding

Old May 17th 2004, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default parents denied visa for wedding

my future in laws were denied a tourist visa to come for the wedding....of course they're on there way from ankara home so it's 8 hours til we'll know why they were denied....the officer handed them a letter in english and since none of them speak or read english they don't know what it says....wouldn't it have been nice for the officer to tell them as well! after an 8 hour trip being denied to go to their own sons wedding in september....ridiculous - anyone have any ideas what i can do here in the US to get them here for the wedding....i hate the idea of his parents not even being able to be here.....
Old May 17th 2004, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Re: parents denied visa for wedding

Do you mean that they had a tourist visa in hand but were denied entry into the US on that visa???

Originally posted by MMA2002
my future in laws were denied a tourist visa to come for the wedding....of course they're on there way from ankara home so it's 8 hours til we'll know why they were denied....the officer handed them a letter in english and since none of them speak or read english they don't know what it says....wouldn't it have been nice for the officer to tell them as well! after an 8 hour trip being denied to go to their own sons wedding in september....ridiculous - anyone have any ideas what i can do here in the US to get them here for the wedding....i hate the idea of his parents not even being able to be here.....
Old May 17th 2004, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

no, they had their interview today to get tourist visas but were denied the visas
Old May 17th 2004, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice

My sister was denied visa, too, to come to my wedding. (she's in Romania) She had an interpreter, though. Now she's not allowed to apply for a nother US visa for other 6 months or until her status changes (she didn't have a job or didn't own a house). That's their decision and it's nothing we can do!
Old May 17th 2004, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

we can apply and keep applying over and over.....you don't have to wait 6 months......and they have a house and jobs.......a little difference
Old May 17th 2004, 2:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

we can apply and keep applying over and over.....you don't have to wait 6 months......and they have a house and jobs.......a little difference
What was the reason for refusal ..thats the thing to work on ..
Old May 17th 2004, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

not good enough ties to turkey supposedly.....they don't speak english, they own a house, own a business, all have jobs, have bank accounts, have parents and siblings.....i just don't understand how else it can be proved other than the deed to the house, a letter from the employer, the tax docs for the business, and a letter from the bank stating his dad is receiving retirement payments - all these things were brought with them......
Old May 17th 2004, 3:23 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

not good enough ties to turkey supposedly.....they don't speak english, they own a house, own a business, all have jobs, have bank accounts, have parents and siblings.....i just don't understand how else it can be proved other than the deed to the house, a letter from the employer, the tax docs for the business, and a letter from the bank stating his dad is receiving retirement payments - all these things were brought with them......
Thats not good... pretty much looks like no visa no matter what ..
They seemed to have covered all bases there...I cannot think of anything else you can do..
Old May 17th 2004, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

i've made so many calls already today....it's believed to be the brother they're more focused on because he's single and he's only 24....it may have been different if only the parents applied so we may try that as well....also, i spoke with senator kerry's office and they're going to request a reconsideration from the embassy official.....hopefully that will work....
Old May 17th 2004, 3:43 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by monica&ed
My sister was denied visa, too, to come to my wedding. (she's in Romania) She had an interpreter, though. Now she's not allowed to apply for a nother US visa for other 6 months or until her status changes (she didn't have a job or didn't own a house). That's their decision and it's nothing we can do!
In your case the reasons are more obvious. But I don't understand why the OP's in-laws were refused, on the basis of facts as presented. My Uncle and Aunt both in their 80's were in the US and Canada last year visiting their children, and to attend the wedding of one. And will be returning this year for another visit to see their new grand daughter. Of course, they have visited many times and returned to my home country over the years, and if by that they have demonstrated their lack of immigrant intent, I really don't know. But the fact is that they have never been denied a visa to visit....
Old May 17th 2004, 5:37 am
Mrtravelkay

MMA2002 wrote:

> we can apply and keep applying over and over.....you don't have to wait
    > 6 months......and they have a house and jobs.......a little difference
    >

Sure, if you want to keep paying the money for the application fee.
I still don't think you are permitted to apply as often as you want,
because other people have mentioned being told they had to wait 6 months.

Old May 17th 2004, 6:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Mrt,

I suppose some consulates could be imposing such a '6-month rule', to try to hold down the volume of applications they have to deal with.

Presuming that the visa applicant gave a complete and accurate picture of their circumstances, the only thing that should change the decision is a change of circumstance that is relevent to the issue. Such changes do not usually take place the next day or week. Six months seems like a reasonable time period during which a person's circumstances could change such that a previously refused visa application could now be approved.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
MMA2002 wrote:

> we can apply and keep applying over and over.....you don't have to wait
    > 6 months......and they have a house and jobs.......a little difference
    >

Sure, if you want to keep paying the money for the application fee.
I still don't think you are permitted to apply as often as you want,
because other people have mentioned being told they had to wait 6 months.
Old May 17th 2004, 9:45 am
Just Joined

cristina101 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to ask you about the documents you sent to your parents in order to invite them to visit the USA ?
It is important to know that you offered them sufficient financial support so that they could received the tourist visa. Did you file the I134 form (one for each of your future spouse's parents) ?
Old May 17th 2004, 10:08 am
Ray

Originally posted by cristina
I would like to ask you about the documents you sent to your parents in order to invite them to visit the USA ?
It is important to know that you offered them sufficient financial support so that they could received the tourist visa. Did you file the I134 form (one for each of your future spouse's parents) ?
Don't think you need file an I-134 for a tourist visa (B-2)
Old May 17th 2004, 10:39 am

Karakatiza is an unknown quantity at this point

You are absolutely right, it can be devastating sometimes. I can think of one more tie to the country of origin that they can present - let one of the parents stay in Turkey.

My mom was at our wedding in the US, but my dad remained in my home country. When my mom applied for a visa, the only question the consular officed asked her was if my dad going to apply also. She said no, and he said that there is no way my dad would be able to get his visa even if he applied. The fact that my dad remained there let my mom obtained her visa. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.