Wikiposts

Packet question?

Old May 16th 2004, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dynamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packet question?

I'm living in London - received the packet telling me to collect documents (police certificate, birth certificate, etc) and containing DS-156 forms (etc) to complete.

The question -

I'm still waiting on two pieces of documentation - the affidavits of support, which will be mailed to me in the next few days, and the police certificate. However, on rereading the instructions in the packet, it seems to imply that I should complete forms DS-156, DS-156K and DS-230 (I) and return them to the consulate before I even start checking off other documents.

Is this right? Should I be returning two packages to the consulate, one containing these forms, and a second containing my checklist and further information?

Secondly - the checklist form asks for a date of travel and marriage, which I won't know until I know the interview date (though I have a rough idea of it, all the same), and I can't find any examples of what other people have entered for that. What should I enter into those fields on the form?

Thanks for any advice,

Dynamo.
Old May 17th 2004, 3:18 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Packet question?

Originally posted by Dynamo
Should I be returning two packages to the consulate, one containing these forms, and a second containing my checklist and further information?
It's not a problem to send back all the forms prior to sending back the checklist; the DS-230 part 1 is your application for an immigrant visa and the IV 15, (checklist) lets the Embassy know that you have all relevant documentation and are ready for your interview.
Old May 17th 2004, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Amir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really niceAmir_R is just really nice

I'm living in London - received the packet telling me to collect documents (police certificate, birth certificate, etc) and containing DS-156 forms (etc) to complete.

The question -

I'm still waiting on two pieces of documentation - the affidavits of support, which will be mailed to me in the next few days, and the police certificate. However, on rereading the instructions in the packet, it seems to imply that I should complete forms DS-156, DS-156K and DS-230 (I) and return them to the consulate before I even start checking off other documents.

Is this right? Should I be returning two packages to the consulate, one containing these forms, and a second containing my checklist and further information?

Secondly - the checklist form asks for a date of travel and marriage, which I won't know until I know the interview date (though I have a rough idea of it, all the same), and I can't find any examples of what other people have entered for that. What should I enter into those fields on the form?

Thanks for any advice,

Dynamo.

Dynamo,

Yes I've had the same experience as you. The forms need to be filled and sent straight away, then you send the decleration afterwards when all the docs are ready. You should apply for the police cert. straight away as its likely to take an awfully long time. Up to six weeks I am now told.

The consulate interview is likely to be one month after you send the declaration that the docs are ready. So I guess you can chose a wedding date after that.
Old May 17th 2004, 6:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Dynamo,

You could enter into those fields exactly what you have written here. Or, you could paraphrase it as 'to be determined' or similar.

Alternatively, you could enter some dates that you might desire and perhaps you will get a schedule that makes your dates possible.

Regards, JEff

... the checklist form asks for a date of travel and marriage, which I won't know until I know the interview date (though I have a rough idea of it, all the same), and I can't find any examples of what other people have entered for that. What should I enter into those fields on the form?

Thanks for any advice,

Dynamo.
Old May 17th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

The question -

Thanks for any advice,

Dynamo.
I was pretty sure that it was written on my packet 3 to only send DS-230 (1) and the checklist back and to bring the other forms and documentation to the interview ?..I hope I havent made a mistake ...
Old May 17th 2004, 10:10 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by MrDub
I was pretty sure that it was written on my packet 3 to only send DS-230 (1) and the checklist back and to bring the other forms and documentation to the interview ?..I hope I havent made a mistake ...
Nial,

It probably varies for different U.S. embassy's, UK and Switzerland may be different on what they require? Just a thought.

James
Old May 18th 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Nial,

It probably varies for different U.S. embassy's, UK and Switzerland may be different on what they require? Just a thought.

James
Thanks James,
I read the instructions again today and I am now sure for the US embassy in Switzerland the forms have to be brought to the interview and not posted before. Im sure I could have posted them on now anyway if they were required...

Niall
Old May 18th 2004, 9:25 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrDub

The US embassy in Madrid told me the very same thing. But somes consulates are different!!